Sign in to follow this  
StopTheExcuses

New here, 2014 Hy Ti.........

Hello, new to this forum and I'm the fresh owner of a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid. It was a tough pill to swallow to get here, but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I traded in a near perfect 2009 Infiniti G37 Six Speed Sedan with only a hair over 50K on the clock. The car was literally perfect on the inside and outside as it was garage kept and I'm extremely meticulus with my cars.

Anyway, now to the current. The 2014 Hy Ti is Sterling Grey Mettalic and has all the bells and whistles other than the Bliss, ACC and the Park Assist. I did wan't those options, but didn't want to finance 3K more for them. Plus, the deal I was offered was pretty insane. I ended up getting over KBB trade in value on the G, and the Fusion for under invoice by a good margin. At the end of the day, without putting a penny out of my pocket, I financed (at zero percent, first time with that!) $14,200 OTD. So, when I calculate my fuel savings coming from the G to this, it's like driving a brand new car for literally nothing. (Hey, we all have to justify it somehow right?).

I'll post up the pictures I have, but nothing special yet. Going to get it tinted next week, already have the JuicyHybrid Shark Fin on the way, and will be looking for an HID kit and some better floor mats ASAP. Any suggestions on either are appreciated. My very first tank I got 38.9 mpg with mixed city and highway and that's counting with the test drives and . I filled up with about 70 miles left until empty so the display said. Might could have pushed 500 in the first tank!

post-13325-0-72155400-1407267111_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-80083200-1407267135_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-13148900-1407267154_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-75406700-1407267163_thumb.jpg

Edited by StopTheExcuses

Hello, new to this forum and I'm the fresh owner of a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid. It was a tough pill to swallow to get here, but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I traded in a near perfect 2009 Infiniti G37 Six Speed Sedan with only a hair over 50K on the clock. The car was literally perfect on the inside and outside as it was garage kept and I'm extremely meticulus with my cars.

Anyway, now to the current. The 2014 Hy Ti is Sterling Grey Mettalic and has all the bells and whistles other than the Bliss, ACC and the Park Assist. I did wan't those options, but didn't want to finance 3K more for them. Plus, the deal I was offered was pretty insane. I ended up getting over KBB trade in value on the G, and the Fusion for under invoice by a good margin. At the end of the day, without putting a penny out of my pocket, I financed (at zero percent, first time with that!) $14,200 OTD. So, when I calculate my fuel savings coming from the G to this, it's like driving a brand new car for literally nothing. (Hey, we all have to justify it somehow right?).

I'll post up the pictures I have, but nothing special yet. Going to get it tinted next week, already have the JuicyHybrid Shark Fin on the way, and will be looking for an HID kit and some better floor mats ASAP. Any suggestions on either are appreciated. My very first tank I got 38.9 mpg with mixed city and highway and that's counting with the test drives and . I filled up with about 70 miles left until empty so the display said. Might could have pushed 500 in the first tank!

Congrats & welcome. There have been a few threads about floor mats from a long time ago. Check out that section of the Forum for more info.

That sure sounds like one sweet deal. And I have to say I love the color. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks to all who replied! I should add that in many ways, this is "More" car than my G was. It has loads more technology, as crazy as it sounds to say, looks at least as good, if not better, and obviously has superior mpg. The more time I spend driving it, the more I like it! Also, how does the mpg seem for my first tank? About on par? I hear so many stories of mpg increasing as tires and the engine breaks in mingled in with stories of it's the driver that breaks in!

Edited by StopTheExcuses

About on par? I hear so many stories of mpg increasing as tires and the engine breaks in mingled in with stories of it's the driver that breaks in!

Welcome.

I'd say that is decent for a first tank, the 'driver breaking-in period' may be more important than you think as good FFH style driving takes a bit of learning.

I see that you have already done a good bit of reading here and that is terrific, keep looking at the different topics and if you get stuck just throw a question at us, we like to play.

Me too! I think Sterling Gray makes the FFH look very elegant.

Thank you very much. I typically go with white when purchasing cars, but my G was white, which I had for almost 6 years, and during that time I had a white Jeep Cherokee 4x4, so I wanted to switch it up. Plus, IMO, I think the darker colors on this bodystyle fusion show off the lines better, and, as you said, make it look more elegant, or substantial.

Ok, so finally got around to doing a decent hand wash on it. I also got it tinted and installed the Shark Fin as well as a new set of mats. That's pretty much it other than doing something with these stock headlights. I'll attach some pictures below, they are not great because of the angle of the sun but you can get an idea. I like it so far!

post-13325-0-83730700-1408125429_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-91287200-1408125438_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-37463100-1408125446_thumb.jpg

post-13325-0-47083000-1408125454_thumb.jpg

I saw a Sterling Gray Ti the other day and I must say that it is a nice color, it creates a lot of shadows that make the styling stand out.

I like the Shark Fin too, mine is still stuck to the roof after more than a year and a few million car washes.

I saw a Sterling Gray Ti the other day and I must say that it is a nice color, it creates a lot of shadows that make the styling stand out.

I like the Shark Fin too, mine is still stuck to the roof after more than a year and a few million car washes.

That's good to hear about the Shark Fin. Plus, they look so much better than the factory, goofy one. But, I realize Ford had to cut costs somewhere. Thanks about the color. I typically prefer white, but something about the darker colors on the fusion made it appear a tad more upscale, but, they all look nice. Even the Ice Storm color, just a little too feminine for me, but still nice nontheless.