Sign in to follow this  
garymkrieg

Setting Up Your Hybrid

Sorry bubba but they are called epa ratings.

Hey, how did you know my nickname is Bubba ??? :)

If you are going to try and insult me, you are going to have to do better than that.

If you are going to try and insult me, you are going to have to do better than that.

Why should he try to insult you? Do you believe that going around insulting people is proper adult behavior?

Why should he try to insult you? Do you believe that going around insulting people is proper adult behavior?

I guess sarcasm is hard to spot in a forum message.

I was wondering the same exact thing. I have no idea why he feels a need to be insulting.

He is the one who drug out "bubba" and no I don't think it is proper.

I call everyone Bubba. Right Bubba?

I even cal my kids, horses and dogs Bubba.

Edited by acdii

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk: :happy feet: :happy feet: I brought the popcorn and dogs. :)

Finally thank you I was getting ready to get my own ;) but Steve you got the bigger check(s)

I was wondering if we could get back to any additional suggestions on how and what for car setup?

I am expecting delivery of my new 2015 FFH Titanium in a couple of weeks, so I read the suggestions of the cognoscenti very closely.

Thanks

Make sure the EZ Exit is activated for the driver's seat. It makes it much easier to get in and out of the FFH.

Set the left screen to Engage. I feel it gives the clearest info on the operation of the ICE/EV modes. Others will say EMPOWER is better.

Keep one of the special cloths for cleaning electronic screens in the center console.

Prepare a flashdrive with all your favorite music to plug into the USB port.

Read the owner's manual, twice.

Consider getting air struts for the engine hood. They are easy to install and add more "class" to the car, as does adding the illuminated door sills.

Edited by B25Nut

Keep one of the special cloths for cleaning electronic screens in the center console.

Good advice. The screen gets fingerprints on it very easily. The other thing it does is attract dust. I also put a microfiber cloth in my center console. It does a pretty good job of cleaning the screen and also getting most of the dust.

Yes. It's shorter because of warmer temps but the car still won't turn off the ICE until the coolant temp is > 40 Celsius.

This can't be the case. I leave in the morning when ambient temp is half that and the ICE doesn't kick on until the battery is depleted.

This can't be the case. I leave in the morning when ambient temp is half that and the ICE doesn't kick on until the battery is depleted.

The ICE won't start until required, unlike Toyota hybrids. However, once it does start for the first time, it won't shut off until the coolant temp reaches a minimum of 40C.

The ICE won't start until required, unlike Toyota hybrids. However, once it does start for the first time, it won't shut off until the coolant temp reaches a minimum of 40C.

Ah, gotcha. I like that about this car, I live at the bottom of a hill and I can nearly get to the top of it on battery only. One of these days I'll make it all the way to the top, but it might piss off anyone behind me.

Ah, gotcha. I like that about this car, I live at the bottom of a hill and I can nearly get to the top of it on battery only. One of these days I'll make it all the way to the top, but it might piss off anyone behind me.

You might have to define "hill" because that hill can't be very steep or you have a really sensitive foot ;)

You might have to define "hill" because that hill can't be very steep or you have a really sensitive foot ;)

It's pretty steep, but it's also a residential zone, so 25mph,and I creep up it. It's steep enough that even with a full charge I can't make it to the top without running out, and it's only a quarter mile or so.

I do have a pretty light foot with this car, I like to make the most of its efficient capability!

Make sure the EZ Exit is activated for the passenger seat. It makes it much easier to get in and out of the FFH.

Set the left screen to Engage. I feel it gives the clearest info on the operation of the ICE/EV modes. Others will say EMPOWER is better.

Prepare a flashdrive with all your favorite music to plug into the USB port.

Read the owner's manual, twice.

Consider getting air struts for the engine hood. They are easy to install and add more "class" to the car, as does adding the illuminated door sills.

Thanks

Question: easy exit for the passenger - I didn't see that in any options/menus. Where is it.

I have the driver seat on ee but not passenger.

Time to RTFM, again.

I have tried Empower and Engage (on;y 220 km at this point, mind you), I think I [refer Engage, but I can see the value of Empower for figuring out gas pedal pressure/use.

Question: easy exit for the passenger - I didn't see that in any options/menus. Where is it.

I have the driver seat on ee but not passenger.

Easy entry/exit is only for the driver's seat.

I have tried Empower and Engage (on;y 220 km at this point, mind you), I think I [refer Engage, but I can see the value of Empower for figuring out gas pedal pressure/use.

Yep, the 12 or 16 way power seat for the passenger is only available in the Lincoln, I think, and the Easy Exit might not even be available for the passenger there.

I use a custom display (MyView) with the Empower on the left side of the window and DTE on the right.

Edited by Easy Rider

Mine's a 2014, but the key fob to Driver selector is obviously an overlooked part of the Owner's Manual. According to mine - Like most vehicles, get it all set up, hold the selector button, till the beep, continue holding to the next beep, and then hit the lock on the remote you wish to program to that number.

Worked on mine.

Edited by ezsurfer

Mine's a 2014, but the key fob to Driver selector is obviously an overlooked part of the Owner's Manual. According to mine - Like most vehicles, get it all set up, hold the selector button, till the beep, continue holding to the next beep, and then hit the lock on the remote you wish to program to that number.

Worked on mine.

Wow. Excellent info.

Just one question: After you DO that, will it automatically recognize which remote is in use.......even without using the remote to unlock the doors ? If so, that would be GREAT......since you really don't need to use the remote to unlock with the "handle touch" system.

If you personalize an IA fob to your likes, seat adjustment and mirror adjustment, when you push the Start button the seat will move into position and so will the mirrors. When you turn the car off the seat will move back to allow an easier exit from the car. If the IA fob is #1, then the first door code will do the same thing.

If you personalize an IA fob to your likes, seat adjustment and mirror adjustment, when you push the Start button the seat will move into position and so will the mirrors.

But my question is: Do you merely have to have the FOB in your possession for that to work OR do you have to actually have to use it to unlock the doors ??

(And sorry but it just isn't coming to me: what is an "IA" FOB ?)

Edited by Easy Rider

But my question is: Do you merely have to have the FOB in your possession for that to work OR do you have to actually have to use it to unlock the doors ??

(And sorry but it just isn't coming to me: what is an "IA" FOB ?)

No button pushing. It's all automatic.

Interactive Access Key Fob.

When you touch the door handle the car sends out a low frequency signal.

The FOB responds with a VHF signal giving its serial number.

The car checks its stored list of fobs and if there is a match the car is unlocked. The position of the serial number in the car's table determines what the key fob number is. The car can have a maximum of 4 IA fobs.