rampras

2013 FFH Questions

I have a FFH 2013 Titanium, and I have some questions on the issues I am noticing:

1. The rear glass/windshield is distorting the cars behind me (it makes them appear "Fat" or "thin"). Is this normal ? (its like what a funny/trick mirror would do)

2. it comes with the factory keyless entry. But when I leave the car, it does not seem to autolock the car (though I have asked it to, in the settings)

3. I am getting only 39.5 MPG, and have to really struggle for it... I moved from CT to CA (Bay area) .. thought I the MPG would improve .. but it is nearly the same.

4. Btw, does it have any feature where the trunk opens automaticlly if we go near it ? I thought I saw it do it once.. but could not replicate it .. .

I love this car... its awesome.

Auto lock locks the car when your speed reaches 5 mph or so. It is not to lock the car when you get out. The trunk only opens "automatically" if you press the button on your remote.

Grrrr. Beat me to it Murphy!

Edited by SteveB_TX

1. The rear glass/windshield is distorting the cars behind me (it makes them appear "Fat" or "thin"). Is this normal ? (its like what a funny/trick mirror would do)

I don't know if it's normal but I have the same thing happen to my FFH Titanium 2013.

2. it comes with the factory keyless entry. But when I leave the car, it does not seem to autolock the car (though I have asked it to, in the settings)

Autolock, as said above, refers to locking the car when you drive above a certain speed. But when you leave the car, you just have to tap the top of the handle! Come on, it's not so tough! =)

3. I am getting only 39.5 MPG, and have to really struggle for it... I moved from CT to CA (Bay area) .. thought I the MPG would improve .. but it is nearly the same.

I only get 37.3 MPG. I drive too fast. Ford just downgraded the EPA mileage from 47 combined to 42 combined. =(

4. Btw, does it have any feature where the trunk opens automaticlly if we go near it ? I thought I saw it do it once.. but could not replicate it .. .

Nope. Button.

Without meaning to sound like a tool, but read the instruction manual that came with your car. It's pretty interesting! If you have a HyTi, there are all sorts of wacky features in your car that you probably wouldn't know about unless you read the manual.