Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

What is your current MPG

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

You should read the manual on how to reset it. If you never reset it it becomes useless and never changes. I reset my "Long term fuel economy" in my 2010 at every oil change and write the figure in the maintenance log section.

No. If you never reset it, it's actually your lifetime measure. You can use use the trip meters for longer term measures, too.
  • hybridbear likes this

244968.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#222 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

That 45.7 mpg in the first three photos is neither Trip 1 nor Trip 2. Both Trip 1 and Trip 2 show diffrerent mpg numbers and can be reset.

Why would you want to reset that 45.7 mpg number so you can see how you're doing for MPG on each trip when you can reset Trip 1 and Trip 2?

Probably no right or wrong way to do it. Ford gives us lots of flexibility that allows us to manipulate those three MPG numbers anyway you like.  I like to use Trip 2 for long trips (like last winter's trip to Florida). I use trip 1 one for each tank of gas and reset it each time I refuel.

The third MPG metric (the one shown in your first three photos) I like to reset for each outing like HybridBear does. Unlike trip 1 and trip 2 it does not have a miles driven metric associated with it. This means it is useless for comparing computer MPG vs hand calculated unless you never reset it and then, by default, it can be thought of as being associated with your car's odometer (shown at the bottom of your photos).

Edited by Texasota, 19 July 2015 - 02:47 PM.

• hybridbear and Hybrider like this

#223 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

That 45.7 mpg in the first three photos is neither Trip 1 nor Trip 2. Both Trip 1 and Trip 2 show diffrerent mpg numbers and can be reset.

Why would you want to reset that 45.7 mpg number so you can see how you're doing for MPG on each trip when you can reset Trip 1 and Trip 2?

Texasota hit on the reason why I reset this one so often. In the Energi we use Trip 1 for each gas tank & Trip 2 is reset monthly to track monthly electricity, gas use & miles. In the Focus Electric we reset Trip 1 monthly & Trip 2 every 1000 miles when the odometer shows xx,000.
  • GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#224 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 702 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Probably no right or wrong way to do it. Ford gives us lots of flexibility that allows us to manipulate those three MPG numbers anyway you like.  I like to use Trip 2 for long trips (like last winter's trip to Florida). I use trip 1 one for each tank of gas and reset it each time I refuel.

The third MPG metric (the one shown in your first three photos) I like to reset for each outing like HybridBear does. Unlike trip 1 and trip 2 it does not have a miles driven metric associated with it. This means it is useless for comparing computer MPG vs hand calculated unless you never reset it and then, by default, it can be thought of as being associated with your car's odometer (shown at the bottom of your photos).

I get it. I've never reset mine and don't evne know how to, whick\h is fine with me. It's sort of interesting to me to see the overall mpg.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#225 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

For those interested, below is what the Lifetime Summary looks like on a 2013. It displays after you turn the car off and after the trip summary is displayed.
IMG_0634_zpsh5kryrgb.jpg
  • hybridbear, GrySql, Texasota and 1 other like this

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#226 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

I have never reset either my Trip 2 or the "Avg Fuel Economy" indicator (pics below) which is what the MPGs that are displayed on the Engage and Empower screens is referred to as in the Owner's Manuals. So in essence those displays do show my Lifetime MPG Average.

The Trip 2 display does show a form of a Lifetime Summary for me. My "Lifetime Summary" (Trip 2) even shows total gallons used, being as it is a 2014. But as can be seen in the pic below, the miles do roll over every 10,000 miles and the EV miles roll over every 1,000 miles. But the odometer reading at the bottom compensates some for those rollovers.

I reset my Trip 1 every time I fill-up with gas. And watching that MPG indicator on the Trip 1 display is the one best indication for me personally to know how efficiently I am driving.

IIRC from what I have read on these FFH forums, the Lifetime Summary, which is only available on the 2013, can also be reset by either disconnecting the 12V battery or with a master reset or both.

"Avg Fuel Economy" being used as Lifetime MPG Average

Trip 2 being used as Lifetime Summary

Edited by Hybrider, 20 July 2015 - 03:37 PM.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#227 OFFLINE   Kaleido

Kaleido

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 109 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

You haven't been around in a while, glad to see you back!  :)

Well, you sound busy putting miles on the car and keeping things running.

Two sets of tires and rear brakes?  Start another topic about that, it would be interesting...  Have you used your spare tire yet?

No, haven't used the spare yet. That's why I bought it, so I wouldn't need it! Murphys Law.

• GrySql likes this

#228 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

So being just about the last person in the world to actual have a "smartphone", I figured it was time to see if I could actually figure out the technological concept of getting my dash display onto a page in these here forums.  So hopefully I have mastered it.

I last reset back when the weather turned warm a few months ago and this is the result.

Attached Files

Edited by Waldo, 22 July 2015 - 07:36 AM.

• hybridbear, GrySql and Hybrider like this

#229 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

So being just about the last person in the world to actual have a "smartphone", I figured it was time to see if I could actually figure out the technological concept of getting my dash display onto a page in these here forums.  So hopefully I have mastered it.
I last reset back when the weather turned warm a few months ago and this is the result.

Woo hoo! You did it! ;) It's cool to see MPGs over 50 in such a nice car, no?

244968.png

#230 OFFLINE   Skydogz

Skydogz

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 100 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

I use the AC here in Texas except for 1-2 months in winter, I a pretty happy with my 39.6 avg mpg. My wife's Merc C250 gets 29 and that ain't bad....

"Blue Horizon"

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid

Ice Storm / Dune cloth

2.0L IVCT 14 HEV

ECVT Auto Trns Powersplit

Equipt group 500A

229359.png

Jetson Car

Fusion500.2miles

#231 OFFLINE   rpdalton

rpdalton

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

37.1 MPG

#232 OFFLINE   rpdalton

rpdalton

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

37.1 MPG

#233 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

You know that posting numbers here without any context is kinda meaningless, right?

Dash #? Lifetime? Recent avg? Manual calc? Last tank? Last 5 tanks? One person's 37 is another person's 40.

244968.png

#234 OFFLINE   bwhitmax

bwhitmax

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hello,

My 2013 has 125k miles.  My one way commute is 47 miles.  The HUD says my mileage is 43MPG for the life.  The summer MPG is about 44 mpg with average speed of 70, in the afternoon more traffic and 46mpg.

#235 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FUSION SE HYBRID

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

56K miles and never reset TRIP 2.  Mileage over the lifetime of the car is 39.9 mpg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·