Newlist

What is your current MPG

I have never reset either my Trip 2 or the "Avg Fuel Economy" indicator (pics below) which is what the MPGs that are displayed on the Engage and Empower screens is referred to as in the Owner's Manuals. So in essence those displays do show my Lifetime MPG Average.

The Trip 2 display does show a form of a Lifetime Summary for me. My "Lifetime Summary" (Trip 2) even shows total gallons used, being as it is a 2014. But as can be seen in the pic below, the miles do roll over every 10,000 miles and the EV miles roll over every 1,000 miles. But the odometer reading at the bottom compensates some for those rollovers.

I reset my Trip 1 every time I fill-up with gas. And watching that MPG indicator on the Trip 1 display is the one best indication for me personally to know how efficiently I am driving.

IIRC from what I have read on these FFH forums, the Lifetime Summary, which is only available on the 2013, can also be reset by either disconnecting the 12V battery or with a master reset or both.

"Avg Fuel Economy" being used as Lifetime MPG Average

Trip 2 being used as Lifetime Summary

Edited by Hybrider

You haven't been around in a while, glad to see you back! :)

Well, you sound busy putting miles on the car and keeping things running.

Two sets of tires and rear brakes? Start another topic about that, it would be interesting... Have you used your spare tire yet?

No, haven't used the spare yet. That's why I bought it, so I wouldn't need it! Murphys Law.

So being just about the last person in the world to actual have a "smartphone", I figured it was time to see if I could actually figure out the technological concept of getting my dash display onto a page in these here forums. So hopefully I have mastered it.

I last reset back when the weather turned warm a few months ago and this is the result.

post-3883-0-21067100-1437568574_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waldo

So being just about the last person in the world to actual have a "smartphone", I figured it was time to see if I could actually figure out the technological concept of getting my dash display onto a page in these here forums. So hopefully I have mastered it.

I last reset back when the weather turned warm a few months ago and this is the result.

Woo hoo! You did it! ;) It's cool to see MPGs over 50 in such a nice car, no?

I use the AC here in Texas except for 1-2 months in winter, I a pretty happy with my 39.6 avg mpg. My wife's Merc C250 gets 29 and that ain't bad....

You know that posting numbers here without any context is kinda meaningless, right?

Dash #? Lifetime? Recent avg? Manual calc? Last tank? Last 5 tanks? One person's 37 is another person's 40.

Hello,

My 2013 has 125k miles. My one way commute is 47 miles. The HUD says my mileage is 43MPG for the life. The summer MPG is about 44 mpg with average speed of 70, in the afternoon more traffic and 46mpg.

Who cares what the dang computer says. What does the math say?! mileage on tank of gas / gallons of gas pumped!

I have 4 Fords and they are all consistently 3 mpgs lower than the computer mpg!!!

Your Odometer is off to so you should make back .5 to 1 mpg which helps. Check it with portable GPS, mine is off by .018 so I multiply 1.018 times the odometer miles to get actual miles driven. :) BTW FORD uses Ethanol free gas which is worth around 2 mpg for their testing.

Paul

Edited by ptjones

Your Odometer is off to so you should make back .5 to 1 mpg which helps. Check it with portable GPS, mine is off by .018 so I multiply 1.018 times the odometer miles to get actual miles driven. :) BTW FORD uses Ethanol free gas which is worth around 2 mpg for their testing.

Paul

If that's true then your speedometer would be 1.5 mph fast. My speedometer is dead on my gps.

I've wondered what the impact of 10% ethanol is on car computer calculated mpg. Considering here it's about a $1 premium to regular 87, the extra mileage doesn't warrant using it.

If that's true then your speedometer would be 1.5 mph fast. My speedometer is dead on my gps.

I've wondered what the impact of 10% ethanol is on car computer calculated mpg. Considering here it's about a $1 premium to regular 87, the extra mileage doesn't warrant using it.

difference of about 1 mph and most speedometers are 1 to 2 mph fast compared to actual mph. About .50 - 60 cents per gallon here, not worth it, but if you wanted to go an extra 26 miles on a tank it might be worth it. :)

Paul

46 on the dash since it took a dump down from 49 after the road trip I took last year. I think I am averaging around 48 lifetime though but haven't been tracking it for the past several months. (I enter it on fueleconomy.gov.) I think I still have most of this years receipts though. I kind of wish it was more like 51-53 but winter always kills that.

Edited by Sky14FFH

46 on the dash since it took a dump down from 49 after the road trip I took last year. I think I am averaging around 48 lifetime though but haven't been tracking it for the past several months. (I enter it on fueleconomy.gov.) I think I still have most of this years receipts though. I kind of wish it was more like 51-53 but winter always kills that.

Are you using Grill Covers or foam pieces to block the grill? You should gain a couple of mpg's at least anyways. :)

Paul

Are you using Grill Covers or foam pieces to block the grill? You should gain a couple of mpg's at least anyways. :)

Paul

Not yet! But I am about to! My life is finally getting freed up to do some extracurricular activities. I was trying to ask you about Lexan/plexiglass pricing. I even had a crazy idea to wrap the grill in thick packing plastic or cellophane but that might look bad. Checking now if you replied. Oh yeah can't see your photos in any browser when I try to zoom in them. I messaged moderators but no help. So if you please sire, perhaps you could PM or e-mail me them.

I finally hit 54 MPG lifetime. It took while, but my average over the last 6000+ is 55 MPG. With the mileage on the car, I may see 55. But I'm not sure. For those looking at the mileage vs. EV and Regen, remember, the early models got a software update a few years back update that zeroed one or both of those.

post-11711-0-46197600-1551379335_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sleddog

Sleddog do you know which early models had the software update? I asked the dealership where I got the car and they said they knew nothing about it. For some reason my EV miles are not displaying properly in Trip 2. I reset it after every oil change and it is only showing 360some ev miles even though on the last couple tanks I had over 200 ev miles. Had the oil changed in September.

Edited by Sky14FFH

I finally hit 54 MPG lifetime. It took while, but my average over the last 6000+ is 55 MPG. With the mileage on the car, I may see 55. But I'm not sure. For those looking at the mileage vs. EV and Regen, remember, the early models got a software update a few years back update that zeroed one or both of those.

attachicon.gif IMG_2617.JPG

What kind of driving do you do? City % vs HWY%
Latest LifeTime taken a few months ago.post-11246-0-82017200-1551393083_thumb.jpg
My EV score is about 50% of total mileage.
Paul
Edited by ptjones

That's awesome @Sleddog! I loved the lifetime info on my 2013, but I can't remember where I was when I traded it in. I think my high water mark was 52.8, and would have eventually hit 53, if not for the transmission dying...

The rolling average MPG numbers in my 2018 don't really mean as much to me.

My tag should show the current MPG on my 2013 Fusion. I get better mileage in the spring through fall, and it drops considerably during the cold winter months (Wisconsin).

I get my best MPG Spring and Fall.  Winter I hold out as long as possible before turning on heat and Summer, with 90 degrees plus and 900% humidity have to have the AC running.