Newlist

What is your current MPG

Well, I finally reached the BIG 5-0 on my displayed lifetime MPG average, in the dead-middle of the desert summer heat even. :woot:

After reading the posts on this forum before I got my FFH in early 2014, I was just hoping I could get 45 MPG, with a stretch goal of possibly reaching 47 MPG.

My corresponding calculated lifetime MPGs are at 48.3 at 16,248 miles, and still climbing. :bliss:

Reached 50.0 Lifetime MPGs

Have only had the car a couple weeks. 840 miles and my view shows 54.4. Is that the lifetime reading? Do I have to be careful not to reset that or does it not reset?

You should read the manual on how to reset it. If you never reset it it becomes useless and never changes. I reset my "Long term fuel economy" in my 2010 at every oil change and write the figure in the maintenance log section.

My 2015 appears to display lifetime miies and mpg on the far left of the left screen in all veiwing modes. It's not Trip 1 or Trip 2 (which can be reset) so I assume it's lifetime.

Can you show us a photo? I don't think the 2015s have a life time display (at least not like the 2013s do). The "life time" nomenclature was also removed from our 2015 owner's manual.

On mine, to the best of my knowledge, you get three separate MPG metrics. One for trip 1, another for trip 2, and a third that is displayed and is common across the empower and engage displays (maybe some other displays also). This third MPG metric is reset when you press and hold the "OK" button on the left steering wheel controls while displaying the empower or engage displays.

If you have never previously reset this third metric, then it is effectively a life time MPG reading for you. I always reset that one everytime I leave the garage to measure how I have done on that drive.

You should read the manual on how to reset it. If you never reset it it becomes useless and never changes. I reset my "Long term fuel economy" in my 2010 at every oil change and write the figure in the maintenance log section.

No. If you never reset it, it's actually your lifetime measure. You can use use the trip meters for longer term measures, too.

That 45.7 mpg in the first three photos is neither Trip 1 nor Trip 2. Both Trip 1 and Trip 2 show diffrerent mpg numbers and can be reset.

Why would you want to reset that 45.7 mpg number so you can see how you're doing for MPG on each trip when you can reset Trip 1 and Trip 2?

Probably no right or wrong way to do it. Ford gives us lots of flexibility that allows us to manipulate those three MPG numbers anyway you like. I like to use Trip 2 for long trips (like last winter's trip to Florida). I use trip 1 one for each tank of gas and reset it each time I refuel.

The third MPG metric (the one shown in your first three photos) I like to reset for each outing like HybridBear does. Unlike trip 1 and trip 2 it does not have a miles driven metric associated with it. This means it is useless for comparing computer MPG vs hand calculated unless you never reset it and then, by default, it can be thought of as being associated with your car's odometer (shown at the bottom of your photos).

Edited by Texasota