Newlist

What is your current MPG

I have a 2013 ford fusion hybrid and currently my MPG is 43.6 and the mileage is 39891.7. When I bought my car in September of 2013 it had 10,500 miles on it already with a 34 MPG average. I am just wondering how everybody else doing on there mpg.

I have a 2013 ford fusion hybrid and currently my MPG is 43.6 and the mileage is 39891.7. When I bought my car in September of 2013 it had 10,500 miles on it already with a 34 MPG average. I am just wondering how everybody else doing on there mpg.

Are you talking lifetime on the dash or manually calculated based on the amount of gas you've purchased? Either way, it seems you're doing well! If 43.6 is displayed on your dash, and you've never reset it since you acquired the car, that's excellent! My dash is currently reading 50.9, but my lifetime manual calculation is 47.2 at nearly 21K miles.

2200 mostly highway miles in my first 6 weeks of ownership and I am at 38.0. Can't imagine how you guys are averaging 43, 45 or 50 MPG.

42.5 with 3025 miles. I reset the average at every tank and noticed the last tank was 7 miles per gallon below the displayed mpg. Previous tank was within 1 mpg of the display. I always fill at lowest pump setting and stop filling when the pump auto shuts off. I believe pump shut off variations can cause these type of swings in reported vs actual mpg.

When I drove off the lot I reset the lifetime, so with 3 miles on it to now with 29300 miles the dash reads 42.4 MPG. This includes a really cold winter. It is pretty close to actual too when you look at Fuelly. Problem with Fuelly, my wife usually gets gas and "forgets" to mark down the trip, or "forgets" to reset it. So there are a lot of missed fuelings.

For comparison, here is the first one I had, which has become one for the history books.

166342.png

hope it shows