Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing the hybrid emblem

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Iwejun

Iwejun

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Titanium FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

I took my side emblems off, my neighbors call me Mr. Monochromatic. I was "killing" my vehicles long before it became popular, if I could I would have wished for the upper grill and fog lights not to have the cheesy chrome on them.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

I'm really tired of people saying the Prius is "ugly". The Prius is designed to have the lowest drag co-efficient, Cd, of a production car and they hit the bulls-eye. Look at all the other cars. They are all slowly approaching the aerodynamic shape Prius has had for 5 years with the Gen III alone. At highway speeds, air drag is half the load.

Actually, this doesn't really seem to be true. The 2001 model Prius had a CoD of 0.29 -- which was similar to many other cars at the time including the Suburu SVX, Audi 80, Lexus LS 400, Mazda Millenia, most sports cars, etc. Even the current Fusion has a CoD better than the original Prius, without the weird shape. The fact is, Toyota didn't need the weird shape for aerodynamics, instead it was largely done to make it stand out. Toyota (and many of the buyers) wanted a car that people would instantly recognize as a hybrid; particularly as it was the first mass produced full hybrid sold.

#63 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

I have an old friend who has purchased 5 new Prius cars in the last 12 years, all white color and all unexceptional except for their mileage.

Actually, he has two 2015's right now, white and identical.

I had him sit in my '13 FFH (Tri-White) yesterday and showed him the accessory features, power heated seats, Nav, Sync voice commands, etc.

I had to laugh, he is 6'3" with a long torso and has a hard time fitting in his car as his head nearly hits the roof.  After I adjusted the power seat in the FFH, it fit him great.

After that we walked around it, looked in the trunk and under the hood.

His comment was, 'wow, this is like a real car. I hate driving in my Prius but I don't like to shop cars so I've never seen a car like this before.'

To buy his new 2015's he called the local Dealer and had them deliver them, gave them a check.

He does like the 50mpg's his cars get and his wife has always been vocal about the design showing that she is 'green', plus she feels that they are simple to drive.

She was happy to hear my car was a 'hybrid', I was accepted.  :wub:

• acdii, hybridbear and Hybrider like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#64 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,852 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Actually, this doesn't really seem to be true. The 2001 model Prius had a CoD of 0.29 -- which was similar to many other cars at the time including the Suburu SVX, Audi 80, Lexus LS 400, Mazda Millenia, most sports cars, etc. Even the current Fusion has a CoD better than the original Prius, without the weird shape. The fact is, Toyota didn't need the weird shape for aerodynamics, instead it was largely done to make it stand out. Toyota (and many of the buyers) wanted a car that people would instantly recognize as a hybrid; particularly as it was the first mass produced full hybrid sold.

Actually the 2000-03 Prii did not have the familiar Prius shape. The 03 to 09 did and their Cd was .26. The 2010-12 FFHs were .33, terrible ! The 2010+ Prius is .25 and the 2013+ FFHs are only .275. The only  current models with lower drag than the Prius are two Mercedes models and a Tesla.

Everybody else is still trying to catch up.

Edited by lolder, 22 May 2015 - 07:35 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

#65 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

Actually the 2000-03 Prii did not have the familiar Prius shape. The 03 to 09 did and their Cd was .26. The 2010-12 FFHs were .33, terrible ! The 2010+ Prius is .25 and the 2013+ FFHs are only .275. The only  current models with lower drag than the Prius are two Mercedes models and a Tesla.

Everybody else is still trying to catch up.

It is worth noting that the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has the same CoD as the Prius, though in more of a conventional sedan shape, and the 2016 version is 0.24 CoD. It will be interesting to see what the 2016 Prius looks like.

• hybridbear likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·