Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing the hybrid emblem

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,782 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

I'm proud of my hybrid emblem on my 2010. If it wasn't there, I would try to add one. It's unobtrusive. If you live in areas where you think it would be vandalized because it's a hybrid, that's sad. Comparing vandalizing a Hummer to vandalizing a Ford Hybrid is an apples/oranges comparison.

If you have bought a hybrid, like it or not, you are seen as probably making a political statement about anthropological global warming. Actually, the economic numbers show you are smarter for choosing a car that will be cheaper to run after only a few years. If you factor the average 14 year life of vehicles, it almost completely pays for itself.

I'm really tired of people saying the Prius is "ugly". The Prius is designed to have the lowest drag co-efficient, Cd, of a production car and they hit the bulls-eye. Look at all the other cars. They are all slowly approaching the aerodynamic shape Prius has had for 5 years with the Gen III alone. At highway speeds, air drag is half the load.

The County is just finishing resurfacing a 55 mph 4 lane divided highway whose surface had become very noisy due to erosion of the surface  The other day one lane had been resurfaced with a very smooth quiet surface and the other had not. The difference in lane mpg was 4, in keeping with other observations. The noisy one was 46 and the quiet, 50. This is one of the many small effects on mileage. 

Edited by lolder, 29 August 2014 - 07:39 PM.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

The gas S has different side view mirrors (no turn signals) and different lower body mouldings. I'm not sure about the FFH S, that's why I keep asking for pictures.

I'll try to get some pictures posted soon (it has been raining a lot the last few days).  Yes, the FFH S has different side view mirrors and the lower half of the side view mirror is black as are the rocker panels. I think the FFH S looks nearly identical to a gas Fusion S with the exception of the wheels which was mentioned earlier.

#43 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'm proud of my hybrid emblem on my 2010. If it wasn't there, I would try to add one. It's unobtrusive. If you live in areas where you think it would be vandalized because it's a hybrid, that's sad. Comparing vandalizing a Hummer to vandalizing a Ford Hybrid is an apples/oranges comparison.

If you have bought a hybrid, like it or not, you are seen as probably making a political statement about anthropological global warming. Actually, the economic numbers show you are smarter for choosing a car that will be cheaper to run after only a few years.

As I indicated in my opening post I mean no offense nor do I think any less of anyone that likes the hybrid emblems. I simply prefer that my car make as little statement as possible. For the same reasons I requested that my dealer not apply their dealership decal.

You zeroed in on my main reason for purchasing a FFH. For me it is mainly an economic issue in addition to the very impressive technology that is incorporated in this car.

Edited by Texasota, 30 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#44 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Here are some photos of my 2015 Fusion S Hybrid. The only exterior modifications I have made is the removal of the hybrid emblems and I had the dearership install splash guards.

Attached File  DSCN1067.JPG   136.63KB   0 downloads               Attached File  DSCN1068.JPG   129.44KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN1069.JPG   167.64KB   0 downloads               Attached File  DSCN1070.JPG   140.07KB   0 downloads

• GrySql likes this

#45 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Here are some photos of my 2015 Fusion S Hybrid. The only exterior modifications I have made is the removal of the hybrid emblems and I had the dearership install splash guards.

Not a bug on it yet!  Nice! 

I have 'mud flaps' too, they work well.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#46 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

So, the differences compared to an FFH SE are:

• mirrors on the FFH S don't have turn signals,
  • lower body moulding is black instead of paint color

The only difference of the FFH S compared to the Fusion S is:

• FFH S has the special hybrid 17-inch rims instead of the 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers that come on the gas Fusion S

Edited by hybridbear, 31 August 2014 - 08:08 AM.

• GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#47 OFFLINE   jeffo65

jeffo65

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 312 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

No fog lights and no chrome trim on lower grill

228095.png<p> 

#48 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

No fog lights and no chrome trim on lower grill

I think fog lights are optional on the SE (requires either the Appearance Package or the Luxury Package) and standard on the Titanium.  I had not previously noticed the absence of chrome trim on the lower grill.

#49 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

The only difference of the FFH S compared to the Fusion S is:

• FFH S has the special hybrid 17-inch rims instead of the 15-inch steel wheels with wheel covers that come on the gas Fusion S

The 2013 and 2014 gas Fusion S came with 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers, and the 2015 gas Fusion S comes with 16-inch "Alloy" wheels.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#50 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

I'm wondering why you didn't remove the "Fusion" symbol too, and then people just might think it is a Ford Aston Martin. j/k :skateboard:

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#51 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

The 2013 and 2014 gas Fusion S came with 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers, and the 2015 gas Fusion S comes with 16-inch "Alloy" wheels.

Oops! Typo! Thanks! I fixed my earlier post.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#52 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 176 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

As I indicated in my opening post I mean no offense nor do I think any less of anyone that likes the hybrid emblems. I simply prefer that my car make as little statement as possible. For the same reasons I requested that my dealer not apply their dealership decal.

You zeroed in on my main reason for purchasing a FFH. For me it is mainly an economic issue in addition to the very impressive technology that is incorporated in this car.

People buy hybrids for different reasons as this video mentions;

298222.png

383033.png

#53 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Interesting.

http://www.greencarr...afety?fbfanpage

• darrelld likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#54 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

That is interesting.  I followed the link to the bill and read it.  It sounds like those plates are optional and owners are not required to obtain them.

• GrySql likes this

#55 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

People buy hybrids for different reasons as this video mentions;

You are right and there seems to be a very good cross section represented here on this forum. For some it is strictly an environmental issue, a wallet issue, or fascination with the technology. And for many others, perhaps most, it is some combination of those three.

#56 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

That is interesting.  I followed the link to the bill and read it.  It sounds like those plates are optional and owners are not required to obtain them.

Looks like for all new EV and Plugins they will be issued, but for existing its an option for a fee to get them.  They dont mention plain Hybrids though, only plugins, which puzzles me since the only difference is a larger pack, the volts are still the same.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#57 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,782 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Upon further reflection about this thread, I think it is a mistake to remove the hybrid emblem. Training for first responders and rescue personnel in dealing with hybrid accidents has been around for some time as there are a lot of hybrids on the road, most of them Prii that are readily identified. Not so with the Fusions. There's always somebody that doesn't get the word. When they're about to cut into a car to get somebody out, they may not see the red cables. The hybrid emblems might not be visible either but that's another opportunity for rescuers to realize that additional precautions might be taken. There's also the plight of the untrained good Samaritan who responds. IMHO, there are no valid arguments for removing the emblem.  

• acdii and hybridbear like this

#58 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Looks like for all new EV and Plugins they will be issued, but for existing its an option for a fee to get them.  They dont mention plain Hybrids though, only plugins, which puzzles me since the only difference is a larger pack, the volts are still the same.

In this thread there was an interesting discussion about states finding ways to generate additional tax revenue related to hybrids and electrics which don't use as much gasoline resulting in less tax revenue:

http://fordfusionhyb...ids/?hl=revenue

While this Rhode Island law may be about EMT safety I don't think that is the only thing it is about. Only speculation on my part but I think the bigger motivation here is tax revenue. If it was only about EMT safety, then the plates would cost the same as plates for conventional gas cars (or they would provide a simple low cost decal). I predict this was designed to eventually become a tax revenue generator and you will see this fee increase significantly on a regular basis.

#59 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

Upon further reflection about this thread, I think it is a mistake to remove the hybrid emblem. Training for first responders and rescue personnel in dealing with hybrid accidents has been around for some time as there are a lot of hybrids on the road, most of them Prii that are readily identified. Not so with the Fusions. There's always somebody that doesn't get the word. When they're about to cut into a car to get somebody out, they may not see the red cables. The hybrid emblems might not be visible either but that's another opportunity for rescuers to realize that additional precautions might be taken. There's also the plight of the untrained good Samaritan who responds. IMHO, there are no valid arguments for removing the emblem.  

As I indicated in my opening post I was interest in all thoughts/comments on removing the emblems. That includes comments pro and con and I appreciate your sharing your opinion in the above post. This thread was very useful to me as I was not aware that the Lincoln MKZ came from the factory without hybrid emblems (only the 2.0H emblem). That helped me to make my decision.

• hybridbear and higheroctave32 like this

#60 OFFLINE   BoomerGer

BoomerGer

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'12 Focus

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Speaking of Hummers being burned on the street, when I had my Honda Element back in 2003, I removed the "Element" on the back next to the lift gate and replaced it with "Mini Hummer", since it looked like a miniature Hummer.  I know, this has nothing to do with Fords, but it does have something to do with removing the emblems.  So there........

Ger - The Southern California Connection

My carma just ran over your dogma!

My other rides;

1971 Dodge Dart, brand new!

1980 Dodge Aspen, used, former Sheriff's car (piece of JUNK!) gas hog to the extent of flushing a toilet when I XLR8!

1980 Chevy Chevette, used, cool little ride

1989 Dodge Colt, used, 4 speed, super gas saver

1992 Plymouth Sundance

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, new, known as the millineum transporter.  Gas Hog!

2000 Honda CR-V, new, (MUCH better gas mileage than the above)

2003 Honda Element, new, known as the Flaming Box!  SUPER room in the cargo area!

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid, ,new, MPG delivered as per advertised!

2012 Ford Focus, used, nice low ride for an old dude like m'self!

Next???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·