Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing the hybrid emblem

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

CC, are you saying that the MKZ hybrid has no hybrid emblems? I looked at several MKZ hybrid images and I can't see any emblems on the left or right sides of the car but could not tell for sure on the rear view. If this is true, then I think I am now far less concerned about removing them from my FFH.

Correct.  The MKZ has no HYBRID emblems on the sides or the trunk like the FFH.  The only clue it is a hybrid is the 2.0H emblem on the trunk.  I've had people say "Wow!  You have a 2.0 Hemi in that?"  Um... no, it's a hybrid.  :)

• GrySql and corncobs like this

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

I heard back from my fire fighter neighbor.  He said that he has had training on hybrid cars and they were instructed to look for the emblem before cutting into a car. But he also went on to say that he did not think it was a big deal if a hybrid owner wanted to remove them.

CC, are you saying that the MKZ hybrid has no hybrid emblems? I looked at several MKZ hybrid images and I can't see any emblems on the left or right sides of the car but could not tell for sure on the rear view. If this is true, then I think I am now far less concerned about removing them from my FFH.

Correct no real hybrid badges on the MKZ the only indication as said before is the 2.0H on the back. I couldn't say for sure if the doors have it has well?

SteveB among others should know best ;)

Edit: Steve you beat me to it I didn't see that there was another page already.

Edited by corncobs, 27 July 2014 - 10:13 PM.

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#23 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

I always wondered why I have never seen a hybrid MKZ when the price is the same as the ICE version.  I guess I've been seeing them all the time and not realizing it. 

#24 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

My only concern is if in a crash, and the first responders don't recognize it as a Hybrid, and they extract you from the car without disconnecting the HVB, that later on if the HVB or some connected component somehow was damaged in the crash, that the car would become a Volt and burst into flames after sitting for a while.  The NiMh packs in the earlier cars weren't an issue, they would deplete and that would be the end of them, but the Lion packs in these new ones, if they discharge beyond a certain voltage, they could overheat.  If not, and they depleted, the pack is done, no recovering them if they go dead.   I am not too concerned about shock since the cables run under the car in the middle and would not be in any location that would be cut, unless the car was on its side or roof. Even then they are well hidden and I doubt that they would be cutting through the floor.  In a crash, the relays kick out do if the safety relays work, there would be no voltage in them either.  

• corncobs likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#25 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

I believe that the HVB is automatically isolated by the car in the event of a crash to protect first responders. Once the vehicle is removed from the crash site the dealer or wrecking yard is responsible for following proper procedure for storing the HVB. The issue with the Volt was that someone was not following the proper procedure outlined by GM to prevent fires.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#26 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I am personally very proud to be driving a hybrid car,  and I want to advertise it to others in the hopes that they too will want to get a hybrid, especially now that hybrids can be so sharp-looking, which the FFHs are.

In fact, I even embellished my "HYBRID" emblems on the doors by adding the same "SE" emblem that is on the trunk lid below each "HYBRID" emblem on the doors, because I am also proud that I have the SE version, which even though I know originally probably stood for something else, but I like to think it stands for "Sport Edition".

Having the extra chrome from the "SE" emblem by the "HYBRID" emblem also makes it stand out even more. :)

"SE" Emblem added below each "Hybrid" Emblem

Edited by Hybrider, 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

• GrySql and corncobs like this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#27 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

I believe that the HVB is automatically isolated by the car in the event of a crash to protect first responders. Once the vehicle is removed from the crash site the dealer or wrecking yard is responsible for following proper procedure for storing the HVB. The issue with the Volt was that someone was not following the proper procedure outlined by GM to prevent fires.

Then again if there are no emblems on the outside and the hood or trunk isn't opened, then no one would know it's a hybrid.  My only concern would be if the pack did get damaged in some way and no one knew it was a hybrid until they started to work on it, that the car could be indoors when the pack gives up the ghost. That's my only concern. Sometimes a body shop could have an opening right away and have the car dropped off inside.  

• corncobs likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#28 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Pretty soon the HYBRID badges will go the way of the dodo just like the "Fuel Injection", "ABS Brakes", "Traction Control", "V6", V8, etc. badging.  :)

• hybridbear, GrySql and corncobs like this

#29 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Pretty soon the HYBRID badges will go the way of the dodo just like the "Fuel Injection", "ABS Brakes", "Traction Control", "V6", V8, etc. badging.  :)

It would appear the MKZ is an example of this already happening.  I was not aware that it has no hybrid specific badging until the posts in this thread.

#30 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

It is almost impossible to see the Hybrid label on our cars unless you are looking for it, certainly not while the car is driving down the road.

There are now so many different models of Fusion it takes another Fusion owner to recognize the difference.

My rental Fusion has the twin tailpipes of a Titanium but is an SE 1.6EB.  Boy. it is con-fusioning....

The Prius is designed to be noticed, the Camry/Avalon/Honda/Fusion and others are all the same car as the gas models and hard to spot as hybrids.

The various Fire Departments should approach all car fires cautiously.  There are so many variants that any old fashioned deployments are not wise.

I spent 30 years in a major fire department and the training is very available and advanced these days, incidents are being standardized.

• corncobs likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#31 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

My rental Fusion has the twin tailpipes of a Titanium but is an SE 1.6EB.  Boy. it is con-fusioning....

Very interesting!

So far we always said that the twin tailpipes are engine not trim specific.
Could it be that Ford changed their mind? Sounds /looks like it.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#32 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

The Prius is designed to be noticed, the Camry/Avalon/Honda/Fusion and others are all the same car as the gas models and hard to spot as hybrids.

Actually, the Prius is so UGLY it can't help but be noticed!  ;)

• acdii, corncobs and Wingmn like this

#33 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

It is almost impossible to see the Hybrid label on our cars unless you are looking for it, certainly not while the car is driving down the road.

There are now so many different models of Fusion it takes another Fusion owner to recognize the difference.

I think it's an SE 2.0 Ecoboost then. That seems to be a popular option around here. Almost half of the Fusions I see have the dual exhaust but they don't have Titanium wheels so they must be SE models with the optional 2.0 Ecoboost engine. The other common Fusion I see is the most basic SE model with no additional options, but I think a lot of those are rental cars. It seems that the 1.6 Ecoboost sells well too.

You can tell the Fusion engine type easily from behind:

• If the right side of trunk says nothing then it's an S model with the 2.5L 4 cyl
  • If the right side says SE and nothing else then it has the 2.5L 4 cyl
  • If the right side says SE and Ecoboost but there's only a single exhaust pipe then it's the 1.6L Ecoboost
  • If the right side says SE & Ecoboost & the car has dual exhaust then it's the 2.0L Ecoboost
  • If the right side says Titanium then it has the 2.0L Ecoboost & dual exhaust
  • If the right side says HYBRID then it's a 2.0L hybrid
  • If the right side says ENERGI then it's a 2.0L plug-in hybrid

• GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#34 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

I think it's an SE 2.0 Ecoboost then.

• If the right side says SE & Ecoboost & the car has dual exhaust then it's the 2.0L Ecoboost

Yeah, what does the Enterprise guy know, me either...

Thanks for that list.

I looked it up on Etis and you are correct, it is a 2.0 EB and because it is I am very glad I bought the hybrid.

Frankly, the 2.0EB's performance is disappointing, I floored it a few times to get up to speed on the freeway and it was not awe inspiring at all.

It was okay but from all the hype it was not exciting at all, the FFH seems so much more complete and versatile.

This rental is just another car with a 4 cylinder engine struggling to get 30 mpg's.

I am glad to have had this side by side comparison, gas vs hybrid, to me the FFH is the better car (with a smaller trunk and no spare tire).

• acdii, hybridbear and corncobs like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#35 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

• If the right side of trunk says nothing then it's an S model with the 2.5L 4 cyl

With the exception of rebels that remove the hybrid emblem.

Frankly, the 2.0EB's performance is disappointing, I floored it a few times to get up to speed on the freeway and it was not awe inspiring at all.This rental is just another car with a 4 cylinder engine struggling to get 30 mpg's.

That is exactly what Consumer Reports had to say about the Ecoboost engines in the Fusion. Their test data showed that the Ecoboost engines are slower and thirstier than the normally aspirated engines from Honda and Nissan.

#36 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

• If the right side says SE and nothing else then it has the 2.5L 4 cyl
  • If the right side says SE and Ecoboost but there's only a single exhaust pipe then it's the 1.6L Ecoboost
  • If the right side says Titanium then it has the 2.0L Ecoboost & dual exhaust
  • If the right side says HYBRID then it's a 2.0L hybrid
  • If the right side says ENERGI then it's a 2.0L plug-in hybrid

This makes my brain hurt.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#37 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I successfully removed the hybrid emblems today and I was surprised how easily they came off.  After applying only a little bit of heat from the wife's hair dryer the dental floss cut through the adhesive like it was butter.  Even before heating I could wiggle the plastic lettering quite easily. Perhaps that is related to the car being new and the adhesive may not have been fully cured.

Now that my "Fusion S Hybrid" has the same emblems as the gas "Fusion S" I'm curious if there are other visible external differences that would distinguish the hybrid from the gas Fusion.  Anyone know?

#38 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

I successfully removed the hybrid emblems today and I was surprised how easily they came off.  After applying only a little bit of heat from the wife's hair dryer the dental floss cut through the adhesive like it was butter.  Even before heating I could wiggle the plastic lettering quite easily. Perhaps that is related to the car being new and the adhesive may not have been fully cured.

Now that my "Fusion S Hybrid" has the same emblems as the gas "Fusion S" I'm curious if there are other visible external differences that would distinguish the hybrid from the gas Fusion.  Anyone know?

Your rims.

Can you post some pics of your car? Then we could see other visual cues.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#39 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Comparing the pictures on the Ford website, it looks like the only way to distinguish a Fusion Hybrid S from the Fusion S are the badges and wheels.  There are more differences between the S and the SE/Titanium than there are between the Hybrid and Non-Hybrid models.  

#40 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

The gas S has different side view mirrors (no turn signals) and different lower body mouldings. I'm not sure about the FFH S, that's why I keep asking for pictures.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·