The FFH does not scream hybrid like the Prius does. The FFH looks almost identical to a gas Fusion and that is one of many things that I like about it. I have been toying with the idea of removing the hybrid emblems when the 2015 I have on order is delivered for the following reasons:
- I personally have no desire to make any kind of a statement about driving a car that is a hybrid. I mean no offense or think no less of anyone that wants to advertise that their car is a hybrid. Just not something that personally appeals to me.
- Hybrids have been singled out for vandalism and various kinds of targeting (e.g. the recent fad of "rolling coal").
- I personally like the clean look of the FFH with the emblems removed.
- It seems excessive to me to have a large hybrid emblem on the left side, the right side, and the rear trunk lid.
- This is a nit - but the emblems are a pain when washing/waxing the car.
I have previously searched this forum regarding this subject and I found one thread where it was mentioned that the hybrid emblems do represent a warning notice for first responders in the event of an accident. How crucial is that? Is it illegal to remove the hybrid emblems?
I am interested to here your thoughts and comments on this subject. Note that the process to remove the emblems is well documented and fairly easy to do so I hope to avoid that discussion.
Edited by Texasota, 26 July 2014 - 09:56 PM.