Sign in to follow this  
Eoj

2010 FF Hybrid Car Going into safe mode while driving

I have a 2010 FF hybrid with 75000 miles was getting a check engine soon light that would come and go local service guy checked said oxygen sensor yesterday super hot day the car suddenly went into safe mode couldn't go over 40 mph had to pull over and restart have had similar problems with my other car which is a 2006 F Escape hybrid, is the the MECS pump problem? Your ideas would be appreciated. Tks -Eoj

I have a 2010 FF hybrid with 75000 miles was getting a check engine soon light that would come and go local service guy checked said oxygen sensor yesterday super hot day the car suddenly went into safe mode couldn't go over 40 mph had to pull over and restart have had similar problems with my other car which is a 2006 F Escape hybrid, is the the MECS pump problem? Your ideas would be appreciated. Tks -Eoj

No idea. I'm moving the thread to a more appropriate forum section.

I had a similar event after I had front-end body work done. Turned out to be no coolant in the auxiliary system that cools the computer (that's what the dealer told me).

Had same problem. Changed old dirty throttle body with a shiny new one and problem solved! It's a known issue with all the non hybrid Fusions undergoing a recall on the throttle bodies I believe. Don't go to dealer. They want $500 for a $60 Ford OEM part you can get off Amazon and ten minutes of installation work...

I had the same problem. No engine light, or codes. The little wrench would come up, then it would go to limp mode. Worked on it for a while before figuring out it was the MECS pump. Replaced and refilled coolant, no more problems.