FordService

FordService Rep USA

Welcome Rachel,

I hope you enjoy your time with us.

This Forum is an inquisitive group and difficult technical situations are normal, we'll be looking to you for guidance.

Things can get challenging because of the complexity of these cars and because certain Dealer responses to our members problems may require your assistance.

We're glad you're here. :)

Welcome Rachel

Hopefully we aren't overwhelming our forum reps with our crazyness.

Glad you are here :)

Welcome Rachel!

It is great having a rep on our forums. Thank you for giving your time to our quirks and issues.

Welcome Rachel. You'll have some big shoes to fill. Ashley, our first Ford Service rep, did a fantastic job getting information and pushing things up the ladder at Ford. She seemed very committed to addressing and resolving issues. Service seemed to really deteriorate once she moved on to a new assignment. I'm sure that many of us hope that you'll bring back the level of service that we got from Ashley.

Thank you, hybridbear! I will do my best to fill those shoes; I know Ashley was very dedicated and I have that same drive. :)

Welcome Rachel,

I hope you enjoy your time with us.

This Forum is an inquisitive group and difficult technical situations are normal, we'll be looking to you for guidance.

Things can get challenging because of the complexity of these cars and because certain Dealer responses to our members problems may require your assistance.

We're glad you're here. :)

Thanks, GrySql! I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody. :)

Welcome Rachel

Hopefully we aren't overwhelming our forum reps with our crazyness.

Glad you are here :)

Bring on the craziness! ;)

Thanks, corncobs!

Welcome Rachel!

It is great having a rep on our forums. Thank you for giving your time to our quirks and issues.

I'm here to help; please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks, jeffo65! :)

Hey everybody!

Sorry I didn't do this sooner, but I'm Meagan, the new customer service rep on the forum. I'll be taking over from Rachel. Don't worry, she's still around, a lot of people have been asking. I'll send her your love. :D

Meagan

Hi Meagan welcome.

It sure seems we create a high turnover for our Ford customer service reps ;)

Agree. What's up with this constant turnover?

Hi Meagan welcome.

It sure seems we create a high turnover for our Ford customer service reps ;)

Agree. What's up with this constant turnover?

Maybe we provide a "trial by fire" for new service reps.

Rachel's still here (in fact, I sit right beside her), we just needed to do a little shuffling in our assignments. I'm super excited to be working with you guys. Don't tell my other forums, but the Fusion's my favorite Ford. ;) Also, I'm really big on the environment, so I love hybrids!

I wonder if all these reps are actually guys from India?

Nope, we're actually in Central Florida. :D

Meagan

I wonder if all these reps are actually guys from India?

Meagan

Meagan, I'm sure hoping those chocolate chip cookies did not come from India! ;) Florida... maybe some key lime pie next time?

Rachel's still here (in fact, I sit right beside her), we just needed to do a little shuffling in our assignments. I'm super excited to be working with you guys. Don't tell my other forums, but the Fusion's my favorite Ford. ;) Also, I'm really big on the environment, so I love hybrids!

Meagan

Ya know Meagan, that comment is gonna cost you some cookies to keep my mouth shut **elsewhere** - where your presence has been for some time. I know a certain bloke in SE GA will be really miffed at that remark! ;) :)

Got it covered!

Ya know Meagan, that comment is gonna cost you some cookies to keep my mouth shut **elsewhere** - where your presence has been for some time. I know a certain bloke in SE GA will be really miffed at that remark! ;) :)

Gosh, bribery and blackmail? What have I gotten myself into! :p

6212411143_e2b80ceddf_z.jpg

Meagan

Edited by FordService

Hi, I made a post about my 'Steering Wheel Rot" which has gotten some response on the Forum.

Someone suggested you might steer me in the right direction about warranty coverage or ideas.......

I have the soft foam wheel, and the foam started to develop wholes on the bottom of the wheel grip last year and they have spread! The first one I thought i might have nicked with my car keys, but now with the appearance of 3 more, I know i did not cause this decaying effect.

Any ideas, bought FFH in August 13.

Crystal,

I hope you can help an MKZ hybrid interloper. I purchased my MKZ-h in July '14. I wasn't aware that SYNC services was a subscription based service. (I used it on my previous Lincoln for free.) I tried to access it yesterday, and learned I did not have it. Should I have gotten a complimentary subscription when I purchased the car?

I wasn't aware that SYNC services was a subscription based service. (I used it on my previous Lincoln for free.) I tried to access it yesterday, and learned I did not have it. Should I have gotten a complimentary subscription when I purchased the car?

Rick, I had a similar problem with mine. You should call the Sync people at Ford. It turned out that I had 2 different Sync accounts and I was using the wrong one. You could actually have an active subscription in another account like I did. Apparently one account was created (at the dealer) when I bought the F150 a couple years ago and then another when I bought the Fusion. The Sync people told me they can't delete an account once it's created, so it's up to you to use the right one. They also told me that even though it's a free subscription, you have to go into your Sync account once a year and "renew" it. It could be that too. I know that sounds strange, but that's what they said. Mine is working fine in both of my vehicles now. Good luck!

Edited by TonyHzNV

Crystal,

I hope you can help an MKZ hybrid interloper. I purchased my MKZ-h in July '14. I wasn't aware that SYNC services was a subscription based service. (I used it on my previous Lincoln for free.) I tried to access it yesterday, and learned I did not have it. Should I have gotten a complimentary subscription when I purchased the car?

Hi nv rick,

I can help you with this! Shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll take a look at your account. Meagan from the Ford Service team rocks at helping with vehicle questions, and Kim and I are here to assist with SYNC. :)

Rebecca

Hi, I made a post about my 'Steering Wheel Rot" which has gotten some response on the Forum.

Someone suggested you might steer me in the right direction about warranty coverage or ideas.......

I have the soft foam wheel, and the foam started to develop wholes on the bottom of the wheel grip last year and they have spread! The first one I thought i might have nicked with my car keys, but now with the appearance of 3 more, I know i did not cause this decaying effect.

Any ideas, bought FFH in August 13.

I recommend heading to your dealer to have this checked out. I can't diagnose concerns over the web, but the techs will be hands on to figure it out. :) Once you get a diagnosis, please let me know.

Hi nv rick,

I can help you with this! Shoot me your VIN in a private message and I'll take a look at your account. Meagan from the Ford Service team rocks at helping with vehicle questions, and Kim and I are here to assist with SYNC. :)

Rebecca

you_rock_you_rule_stick_and_rock_finishe

Meagan

Hi nv rick,

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks for your suggestion about the SYNC Destinations app. With that and the factory remote start, that's is all I really need.

Rebecca,

Thanks for your suggestion about the SYNC Destinations app. With that and the factory remote start, that's is all I really need.

Rebecca's not in the office today, but I'll pass along your thanks. :) PM me if anything else comes up.

Kim

Rebecca's not in the office today, but I'll pass along your thanks. :) PM me if anything else comes up.

Kim

Hi Crystal,Rebecca and Kim,

Please help me with a warantee question.

I've purchased a 2013 Fusion Hybrid that is still under the new car warantee. If I am not correct on the following, please advise.

I still have the balance of the 3yr 36K mile new car warantee, and the balance of the 5yr 60K mile powertrain warantee and the balance of the 8yr 100K unique hybrid warantee. With no deductibles.

Then, being Ford Certified, I also have the 12mos 12k bumper to bumper $100 deductible warantee that continues after the new car warantee runs out. and, being Ford Certified, the car now has a 7yr 100K powertrain warantee. Not sure if that is $100 deductible or not.

The day I signed papers and was to pay for the car etc.( did some ford financing) I was offered to purchase the 96 mo 75K mile premier $100 deductible warantee. I wanted to look it over and think about it and let them know. The car is still under the new car warantee, why does ford require me to make that decision right then and there or that offer is not available?

I'm hoping that this may have been an oversight by the dealer. Please advise.