Sign in to follow this  
darrelld

Dashcam Videos of Bad ICE Drivers

That is the perfect example of why I hate getting stuck behind big :censored: trucks and SUVs. Those things are a menace to the driving public!! :)

Here is one from yesterday afternoon, I had just started talking about the SUV up ahead that was hugging the left curb and kicking up a bunch of sand from when they'd sanded the heck out of the roads... and then I guess when the curb ran out there was no more left curb to hug and so the driver found another way to kick up some sand. Only about 16 seconds long, but I bet it got the driver's attention.

It certainly could have ended much worse than it did.

This article has some videos of teen distracted drivers who were fortunate to not cause more damage than they did.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1097496_real-video-shows-distracted-teen-drivers-moments-before-things-go-wrong

What kind of DashCam are you using, was it hard to install, how much was it? Looks great to me.

JT

Discuss

All three should be ticketed, the semi driver saw what was going on and should have just backed down to let the camaro through and all would have been OK.

The Camaro; throw the book at him, take his licence.

The Pickup; maybe a ticket depending on the overall speed. Considering he was matching a semi he was probably well below the posted speed limit and was impeding traffic in the passing lane.

The Semi; no, did nothing wrong (assuming he was driving at or blow the truck speed limit).

That's my opinion for tickets. For personal responsibility, the pickup should have vacated the passing lane. Either slow down and get behind the semi or speed up and finish the pass. I'm sure its fun to block the aggressive driver but he had to realize that this was a possible outcome. At the very least he should have slowed down and let the douchebag Camaro driver finish his dangers and highly illegal pass from offroad instead of maintaining his speed. The Semi though, unless he was speeding up to 'help' the moving road block, I still think he did nothing wrong. Those rigs aren't the easiest (or cheapest) things to slow down and speed up. He had another semi behind him, which would make slowing down even more problematic.

Found a news article about it and it seems that the Camaro driver was intoxicated (no big surprise). I hope nobody was injured and that the Camaro driver has a long stint in jail.

The truck seemed to be gaining on & passing the semi so it doesn't appear he did anything wrong. If I had been in the position of the truck I would've definitely slowed down when the Camaro began his stupid maneuver. I also don't think the semi driver should have to slow down because of lunatics around him.

The real question is speed and speed limit. Many semis around here speed, often doing 65-70 in a 55 MPH zone just like the rest of traffic. If the semi & pickup were driving right around the speed limit then they're ok.

Edit: I just watched it again and considering how the Camaro almost caused an accident at the beginning with the truck, I would have gotten out of his way ASAP & called 911 with his plate number.

Edited by hybridbear

Being that I was a truck driver, had I seen this happening next to me, I would have backed down to clear the road, had the pickup then matched my speed, well now he is clearly playing games. Reason I would back down is shown in that video, its how I avoided something like this a few times. Of course I also flipped to channel 9 and alerted the troopers and gave the mile marker. It's just how one becomes a responsible driver.

Today I came across a very smart Acura driver on my drive home. Keep an eye on "center" lane.

After that stunt he changed lanes a few more times until he turned into a neighborhood 1/2 mile down the road 4-5 cars ahead of me. Edited by corncobs

I don't have video of it, but I thought for sure we were going to be rear-ended again in the Focus Electric on Friday. We were on a busy four-lane road in the city, driving in the left lane. There are many places that cars can turn left from this road, most of which do not have a dedicated left turn lane. About a half block ahead there was a car stopped to turn left. Traffic was heavy in the right lane, and we were turning left about a block beyond the car that was stopped anyway, so it didn't make sense to fight to change lanes in rush hour traffic. I started gradually slowing down because I could see that with the constant oncoming traffic we would have to stop behind the left turner. There was quite a gap between us and the Chevy Avalanche that was behind us. As we were almost stopped I looked in the rear view mirror & my heart started racing. The Avalanche was bearing down on us at close to 40 MPH, and he wasn't braking! I said to my wife, "Watch out! I think this guys going to hit us!" Fortunately, before I could finish my sentence he realized what was happening & slammed on his brakes. He came to a screeching stop behind us.

Once the left turner was out of the way and we stopped to make our turn in a left turn lane, he pulled up beside us at the red light. What was he doing? Smoking a cigarette in his left hand & texting with his right hand... There was a cop sitting opposite us at the red light. It's too bad the cop didn't see him texting to give him a ticket...

Edited by hybridbear

Glad that turned out okay, a Chevy Avalanche is a big vehicle. Makes you wonder what is so important in a text that it can't wait.

Here is the Google Earth street view of what the curve looks like on entry on a nice sunny day with dry pavement:

Rt3_Ramp_zps7uy8stek.jpg

From my drive home this afternoon, here is what the curve looks like on exit on a rainy day when someone ignores that yellow "20 MPH" caution sign: