Sign in to follow this  
ICEY

Phone

I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. A few days ago I had to jump start the veh. Annway, all is fine now EXCEPT the phone/bluetooth does not work. The phone button does not not bring up the phone menus. Tried a system reset and it did not reset anything. My vehicle has SYNC but not the "My Ford Touch" which came out in 2011.

Searched this forum and could not find anything related to this topic.

Steve

Well, that's a problem because when I push the phone button the phone menu does not show up on the screen so can not do anything. I tried to Reset the system from the menu button but nothing resets.

Also tried to access the #13 fuse (Sync) to reboot Sync but that is difficult for me to do. Tomorrow (too frustrated now to deal with it) I'll pull off the neg. battery cable for a few minutes. That will reset everything but maybe it will be the same as pulling the above fuse.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

Thanks for the replies.

Icey AKA Steve

Sleddog and Steve B,

Try deleting the phone from Sync and Sync from the phone. Then repair. Let us know what happens.

Did you try to re-pair the phone? Loss of battery could cause Sync to go stupid. :)

Sleddog and Steve B,

Disconnected the neg. cable for a few minutes and now have access to phone menu.

I had read on this forum and other places that pulling the #13 fuse is like an on off switch on a PC and rebooting it. Figured neg. terminal is the same thing. All I lost was the mpg readout

which is no big deal. I'll get it back. All radio presets and installed music from CD's remained.

Why Ford can not make these little hiccups easier to correct (like fuse placement) is beyond me. Just in case I'll keep my Fri am appt. with Ford and see if the Hybrid guy

can give me any info about this.

Thanks again.

Sreve

Edited by ICEY

I don't know where the fuse box is located in the 2010, but I know the darn thing is buried up under the drivers side instrument panel on the 13s. How the heck is a normal person (old, brittle, and not limber) supposed to get to that stupid thing? :zombi:

Been there and done that. Thankfully only one time and that was in the 2010 Sport, never had a single issue with the 2010 Hybrid, even when I ran the battery down. WHat might have happened in this case was the jump start spiked the electrical system and put SYnc in a funky state. Scrambled its bits of 0 and 1.