Sign in to follow this  
Griswald

Ghost in the climate control machine

Ok, now I think my 14FFH is haunted.

Ran home from work, stopped just long enough to brush and floss before a dentist appointment. I got back in the car, it is near 90 today, and pressed the AC button. All seemed well, it came on in Auto and the fan ramped up. I wasn't really paying attention to it, but started noticing that the fan wasn't slowing down. I pressed the down button and nothing hsppened. I got the BING noise, but the fan kept running, and I noticed that the temp was set to LO. I tried to raise it, but as fast as I pressed up, it would go back down. Even OFF had no effect. At a red light, I set the right dashboard screen to Climate and could control it from there.

After leaving the dentist, it was totally normal!

What exorcism do I need?

Like any kid your FFH didn't like to go to the dentist ;)

Besides that you got good links from GrySql!

Neither of those 2 links had anything to do with what happened to me. The first link is about some early 2013's not having climate on the right display (I do) and the other one is about the ability to turn on a radio without the key (I didn't know that).

With the odd yellow wrench and airbag issue Sunday and now this on Thursday, I am sensing that there is some kind of problem. Can't take it to a dealer because both issues are now gone and they will just tell me that they can't replicate the problem.

Guess I'll have to wait for a complete failure, or at least one that happens right as I am passing the Ford dealer.

Edited by Griswald

Neither of those 2 links had anything to do with what happened to me. The first link is about some early 2013's not having climate on the right display (I do) and the other one is about the ability to turn on a radio without the key (I didn't know that).

With the odd yellow wrench and airbag issue Sunday and now this on Thursday, I am sensing that there is some kind of problem. Can't take it to a dealer because both issues are now gone and they will just tell me that they can't replicate the problem.

Guess I'll have to wait for a complete failure, or at least one that happens right as I am passing the Ford dealer.

You can take it to the dealer for the A/C update. They need to update the FCIM module according to Waldo. This may fix the issues as it fixes bugs in the code.

No, this is a REAL Gremlin, an automotive classic:

gremlin-premier_zps1bb2fed4.jpg

I see a little silhouetto of a man.... I dont know why but I want to go listen to some Queen now.

I see a little silhouetto of a man.... I dont know why but I want to go listen to some Queen now.

That was a pacer, another classic!

Waynes-World-03.jpg