Sign in to follow this  
expresspotato

Center (floor) console rattle

Hi all,

Okay its official this car does suck in terms of build quality.

My center console rattles going over rough road surfaces. Anyone else?

Actually, it's not official. I have had my 2013 for just over one year, have almost 18,000 miles on it, and have yet to hear one rattle on it, even on the pothole strewn NYC roads. Fit and finish are as good as my MB, and it was 1/2 the price.

We have had ours for just under a month and have not had a single rattle. Alomost 15,000 miles on the car. Great car!

Really? Oh come on there have been nothing short of a hundred issues with this car.... What problems have you had?

If you were aware of all the problems, why did you buy one in the first place?

All of these problems surfaced after purchase.

Since it is not financially feasible for you to trade the car in at this time, maybe it is time for some investigation on your part.

A rattle in the center console should be an easy fix. Take it apart to find the rattle, fix it and put it back together. I have done this many times while restoring antique cars. I get a rattle, I take the offending area apart and determine what it is. It could be as simple as a screw/clip that is worn out and either needs replacing or tightened. I have had wires that when I drove on a rough road, would make a rattling sound. All it needed was to be rerouted or taped/zip-tied out of the offending position.

Get your hands dirty and try to figure it out. Or take it to someone who will listen to you and attempt to fix your issues.

Edited by jeffo65

Same old excuse every time... Yeah I'm going to take a $10,000 hit because of a rattle... Aren't you a smart one.

Buzz off and take it to your dealer.

Really? Oh come on there have been nothing short of a hundred issues with this car.... What problems have you had?

It's been in for 2 oil changes and the required Service Bulletins. Replaced the hand hold above the drivers seat, and that's about it. If it makes you feel any better, the trunk just started squeaking!

Maybe you got my lemon. :) The 2013 HyTi I have with almost 28K on it has been nearly trouble free, it had a few minor cosmetic problems, but they were all fixed by Ford. Maybe you got a Sunday Tequila car. If you have so many issues then hit up the Ford Rep here and have the car gone over front to back. From the number of complaints we see here, they are pretty low for this car, only a few are as bad as what you have, most have one or two little quirks that get taken care of. Some have no issues at all.

My first factory-ordered car was a 1985 Mustang GT. As it was my first brand-new car, I was expecting it to be perfect. So I took it in for every little thing. And some of them did not seem so little to me at all, like lifters that ticked way too loud for my tastes or when compared to my experiences with all of my previous cars.

When I had the service dept try to fix my various and a sundry issues which I deemed inappropriate for my first new car, they would fix some, fix others slightly, and many times the dealership would cause other incidental damages or other issues to crop up afterwards.

After that experience with my first new car and with the dealership's most-likely qualified service dept, I now live by this mantra...

"If all of the car's functions I use are working correctly for the most part, and nothing has fallen off, I do not take my car in to be serviced, other than for the rare regularly-scheduled maintenance."

With the wonderful roads we have to drive on these days, rattles are inevitable. So that is another reason why I love turning up my 6-speaker MFT stereo in my FFH SE...one, to hear my tunes at close-to-rock-concert loudness and quality, and two, to help cover up the rattles that might crop up here and there.

Relax, don't worry, drive and enjoy!

Edited by Hybrider