Sign in to follow this  
expresspotato

Drive side B pillar rattle

Yeah, but saying build quality of the whole car sucks seems a bit of an overstatement. I've definitely noticed some buzzes that come and go, probably due to temperature changes and other environmental factors. Of course, music can both accent it or drown it out, depending on your preferences. Mostly, though, I've just observed a few odd buzzes that seem to be exaggerated due to the resonance created by the combo of this ICE and the CVT. Definitely different than any car I've ever owned before. The buzzing can be more prolonged than with a normal geared transmission, since this car seems to maintain particular resonant frequencies longer, rather than shifting gears. But, I'd dare not state that build quality sucks. Far from it, actually. JMO.

And I've recently been picking up a buzz in the driver's side b pillar, which is why this thread caught my attention. But, it only happens when the ICE is running.

Not one single rattle or buzz in either the FFH or the MKZh. :love_shower: :wub: :bliss: :happy feet: :dance: :thumbsup:

Going on 18 months and 18,000 miles...no rattles or buzzes. I've had what I call 2 "build quality" issues with the FFH since I've owned it. Trunk alignment and loose trim on the outside passenger window. I've owned many new cars, including Mercedes, Lincoln and a Cadillac. I had far more build quality issues with each one of those cars and all were taken care of by the dealers....just like Ford.

Expresspotato, those of us who have been on the forms since before the 2013 Fusions started rolling of the assembly lines remember your incessant rants about the issues you had with pricing and finally getting your car. I suggest your continued displeasure with your car is tainted by your initial experience. Just get rid of the car and get something you think you will be happy with. It's just not worth your aggravation.

Been there done that, got my head handed to me too, and grateful for it.

EP, you are barking up the wrong tree here, your rants are going to push those of us who would be willing to help away, and you will most likely wind up on members blocked lists, so when you really could use our help on something, no one will answer because you were blocked. It is understandable that your particular car has issues, we get that, we know for a fact that there are a handful of Fusions that were built like crap, and some that are poor performers. We also know Ford will do nothing for those owners with under performing cars since YMMV, but in your case, you have build issues, Ford Will take care of it for you, Ashley here will assist as she can, and if your dealer is doing a poor job, take it somewhere else, get in touch with CSM and have them get you a loaner you dont have to pay for, until your car is repaired to your satisfaction. Insist on an extended warranty too since you do have so many issues that are documented as an issue.

When someone has a car like mine was, it got poor gas mileage, but proving it isn't the driver and is the car is extremely hard to do, you have two choices, live with it, or get rid of it, in my case, my dealer backed me up and did me good on the trade value, In your case where you have parts failing, physical proof of issues, it is much easier to hit up CSM to get things done. The ball is in your court, now its up to you to make Ford work for it.

Wow. I didn't know I could block irritating users! I have some work to do! :)

In the early days of C-Max ownership I used that feature a lot. :)

Yeah but like holy crap how hard is it to ask for a brand new trouble free car? I've been into my dealer (and now a new one) tens of times... They're useless and have only made certain problems go away while creating new ones!!!

That ting click pop sound? They decided to re-hone the roters and now every time I brake at highway speeds (aka use friction brakes) they buffet back and ford and the brake pedal pulsates up and down.

So fix one cause two more that's the Ford way of doing things. Also yeah hi my car didn't even freaking start properly this morning - just rumbled and shook the whole car and needed a tow to the dealer...

The loner that's a Ford Focus is just terrible! Everything rattles, the side panels, the front dash area everything... I get it, its a rental but it only had 5K kilometers on it. Starting to notice a pattern here, there's a reason the Japanese automakers are smoking their American counterparts for breakfast. Everyone steps in and says never again, I've been there done that (and it wasn't that great).

:spend:

I had a 2006 Lexus IS350 that was the worst car I ever owned. Rattles coming the front AC vents were unfixable without taking the dash apart and padding underneath where they placed the ducts on top of a metal brace running behind the dash. Side power mirrors would go out every 6 months and after my warranty expired they were 500.00 each. Every time there was a heavy rain at least one HID headlight would need replacing at 500.00 each after warranty. The Lexus would occasionally give this strong gasoine smell in the cabin at times that the dealer could not reproduce. Finally Lexus issued a recall for defective fuel pump seals. The IS350 engine was torn down twice to fix defect valve springs and another time because the overhead camshaft would make a sound like tin cans in a garbage disposal. They finally replaced the camshafts because the oil port was to too small and the cam would not sync properly when the oil was thick in cold weather. Even the rear view mirror had to be replaced because the swivel part loosened to the point it was unusuable. Every time I think about another Toyota I browse through my service tickets list I have saved to pdf's on my server.

They did provide nice loaners and the dealership did try to fix the problems.

Edited by darrelld