hermans

Check is in the mail

It's not there. Damn!

I think that the fact that the Build Date was prior to the announcement, plus the fact that the Monroney sticker still shows the old EPA estimates, and Etis shows a Outstanding Field Service Action/14L01 - MONRONEY LABEL REPLACEMENT should be sufficient reason for Ford to cut me a check.

Looks like they are going to give you a new window sticker (Monroney label) with the new values instead of a check.

It doesn't seem right to me.

Let's say that the Acme Coffee Pot Company manufactures a coffee pot that says on the box that it makes ten cups of coffee. On July 1, they realize it only makes eight cups, and they announce their mistake and decide to cut a check for everyone who has already bought the coffee pot, but they don't change the boxes on the coffee pots that are already on store shelves to show the revised numbers. If I buy the coffee pot on July 15th with a box that says that it makes ten cups of coffee, am I not owed the same money as the people who bought the coffee pot before the announcement?

Perhaps I should take this up with Ashley.

If you purchased after the announcement was made, and the amount of what is being refunded wasn't deducted from the MSRP of the car, then you could take it up with the dealer, but buying the car after the announcement was made, expecting to get a check won't happen. It is assumed that you already know about the MPG reduction at that point, and the dealer selling the car should have informed you of the fact that the EPA estimate is no longer what the sticker shows and if this did not happen, then take up with the dealer. If however you bought the car the day the announcement was made, prior to dealers being brought up to date on it, then you could take it up with Ford.

This falls under the category of Buyer Beware.

As for the analogy, shame on the store for not posting notice from the manufacturer. All stores I have ever been in have made a notice of some sort when there has been a change on a product still in stock. Only when a store continues to sell an item that has been Recalled for some reason can a consumer go after the store.

...and the dealer selling the car should have informed you of the fact that the EPA estimate is no longer what the sticker shows and if this did not happen, then take up with the dealer.

The dealer didn't inform me of this, but since Ford didn't lower the price of the car, I think that the dealership will also claim Buyer Beware. Oh, well.

Edited by DirectorMan

It could be used as part of negotiating the final price, but once purchased, paper signed and car delivered, not much can be done about it.

You can address it by sending Ashley a PM or by calling the customer service number on the Ford MPG Label site. Please let us know what happens. You are in a bit of an odd spot being that you had ordered your car before the change was published, but you didn't take delivery until after.

Check your VIN in Etis to know for sure.

Talking about Etis, I have a couple questions for you, FFH gurus. When I enter my VIN into Etis, I get the following:

post-13161-0-30368100-1405722538_thumb.jpg

Question #1: Vehicle shows "Transit Connect 2002", which is strange... The other details matches my FFH but not the car descritption. Anyone else ?

Question #2: My production date shows "12.04.2013". Since I got my FFH in April 2014, I'm confused. Is it mm.dd.yyyy or dd.mm.yyyy ?

Question #3: On the left hand of the same screen, I see nothing. Is it because my VIN seems messed up or there is really no active TSB about my FFH ?

post-13161-0-72972200-1405722539_thumb.jpg

Question #1: Vehicle shows "Transit Connect 2002", which is strange... The other details matches my FFH but not the car descritption. Anyone else ?

Question #2: My production date shows "12.04.2013". Since I got my FFH in April 2014, I'm confused. Is it mm.dd.yyyy or dd.mm.yyyy ?

Question #3: On the left hand of the same screen, I see nothing. Is it because my VIN seems messed up or there is really no active TSB about my FFH ?

1 - Yes they show Transit Connects for our cars, that is normal - do a search here on this site for Transit Connect and many results will show.

2 - That VIN was built on April 12, 2013.

3 - That page in Etis only shows outstanding field service actions, will not show TSBs... TSBs are issues for certain ranges of cars but in many cases a VIN may not need the TSB if all is still working fine. Example is a TSB for the trunk on the 2013, which applies to both of mine but both work fine so don't need the TSB action performed.

Edited by jeff_h

Thanks Jeff for the reply. How then can I confirm if I am being elibible for the 14B03 (or any other) ? Is there a page on Etis that is supposed to show something about TSBs? Everytime I try to see another tab than "Vehicle summary", I get a message that says "The requested information is not available at this time".

Thanks Jeff for the reply. How then can I confirm if I am being elibible for the 14B03 (or any other) ? Is there a page on Etis that is supposed to show something about TSBs? Everytime I try to see another tab than "Vehicle summary", I get a message that says "The requested information is not available at this time".

14B03 is not a TSB, that's a customer satisfaction program (I think that is what it is called)... when I put in my VIN below is what I see on left side:

FordService

Outstanding Field Service Actions

14B03 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Vehicle Software

Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information.

I am wondering why I am not seeing that 13B03 like yours, as I should be eligible for it. Maybe because I entered a Canadian VIN ... Go figure..

I am wondering why I am not seeing that 13B03 like yours, as I should be eligible for it. Maybe because I entered a Canadian VIN ... Go figure..

Could be... but there are several other Canadians on here, maybe one can check their VIN and chime in with results.

Does this Post help you?

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9013-ford-canada-adjusts-fuel-consumption-ratings-for-certain-vehicles/?p=84114

It does help but that does not explain why I do not see anything in Etis. I will print Ford's announcement and keep it handy in the event nothing happens before October 30th.

Thank you for the link.

Quite a few C-Max owners posted yesterday that they received their checks on Friday, July 18th.

This suggests that anyone (me!) who purchased their car after the announcement will not be getting a check, although the official announcement on the Ford website does not say that, and there is nothing in the payment calculator that asks when your car was purchased.

I kept the Monroney sticker for my car, which showed 47/47/47, just in case.

You can address it by sending Ashley a PM or by calling the customer service number on the Ford MPG Label site. Please let us know what happens. You are in a bit of an odd spot being that you had ordered your car before the change was published, but you didn't take delivery until after.

I sent Ashley a PM on Friday. She responded this morning and told me that all customers who purchased the affected cars prior to July 2, 2014 will be eligible for a goodwill payment. She also said that the Etis info is updated in waves, which would explain why I don't see the 14B03 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION for my VIN. Edited by DirectorMan

All the C-Max Hybrid owners are receiving their checks now. No report of those who leased C-Maxes receiving checks. It looks like Ford is sending them out in batches by vehicle model.

I hope they batch the group that my car is in soon. I have a new SLP shotgun on order and this would be a great way to help pay some of the cost.

Yeah same here, I could use some new tires, among other things. Now that my tractor is out of commission again, I could use some good news.

I hope they batch the group that my car is in soon. I have a new SLP shotgun on order and this would be a great way to help pay some of the cost.

+1

Just dropped a bunch of money on a new CC pistol, range time, 1000 rds, and a whole mess of fishing tackle, and new gear for the rifle.

Finally getting back into the wilderness this season after withering away in suburbia Houston for three years. I'm tired of farm raised fish and meat. Plus every hog tail I get pays for the ammo and a drink on the way home!

Edited by kuzzi

Good deal kuzzi. Besides my 3 gun interest, I plan on taking a couple of hunting trips this year. I have my eye on a weatherby mark V in 270. So the rebate will help finance the SLP and some of this other stuff.

Got the 1050 check today via Fed-Ex on my 2014 MKZh purchased in October '13. Wondering whether there will be something in the future for my 2013 FFH that I traded in for the MKZh.

I hadn't heard of this issue until I got a letter from Ford in the mail. While I appreciate their forthcoming attitude, I feel like reimbursing me for the difference in gas milage is insufficient. I bought and paid for my fusion and the MPG re-evaluation diminishes the value of the product I paid for. I feel I should be compensated for the value lost on my car, not just the extra gas it cost me. Has anybody else looked in to this?