hermans

Check is in the mail

1) Why is Ford So Incompetent?

2) So she put me in contact with the office that handles the checks and they told me to wait until the 8th of October and then call back and they would look into it.

1) If I had to sum it up in one word I would say 'bureaucracy'.

2) OK so I guess I'll hold off on calling the number that the customer service guy gave me in the email (so why even have email available as customer service if it doesn't give them the option to say "I've forwarded your request to 'X' as that section is handling that" -- oh wait I answered that in response #1 above) until 8 October.

I have a better word then "Bureaucracy" and it can be put into a mathematical equation where K=S which is known as the Law of Constant Stupidity and can never be disproven.

Looks like I spoke to the same genius as I did the other day and the answer was the same, call again on the 8th of October and they will look into it.

Build dates and purchase dates have nothing to do with it, they check with the state DMV and make sure you own the car and make sure your address is correct. and by the way it is not true that all checks will be received by the 30th of September according to this genius.

So now I have left a message with John Felice (Marketing and Sales)who wrote that letter which states

"You will receive a letter in the mail along with your payment no later than September 30, 2014."

Edited by IraF

So now I have left a message with John Felice (Marketing and Sales)who wrote that letter which states

"You will receive a letter in the mail along with your payment no later than September 30, 2014."

So now I'm picturing the above guy sitting there like Navin R. Johnson, writing out thousands of checks for $1.09 for refunds of the "optigrab" that he invented.

Well let us know if you get any response, I have my doubts on that one but you never know.

The genius I spoke to is amazing he has no supervisor when I asked to go above his head and he can't tell me if they are processing my check since he has no computer. I admit I did get off the boat, but not last night.

I get very persistent when I have to deal with morons, he told me I was reading that letter wrong and if anybody looks at that bold and underlined statement a few posts up am I reading it wrong.

I will also answer that second question I posed in reference to the Etis site and why one gets things done at the dealer and after a reasonable period of time it still show up as not being done when going back to the Etis site.

It takes up to a month or two before that update gets processed and is erased from Etis so it looks like the SM at the dealership was right. it looks like Ford needs to get to introduced

to the computer age and the art of communication.

I debugged and fixed a problem in a mainframe computer system that Philco-Ford (my employer at the time) installed at Ford Dearborn in the mid 1960s. Maybe they are still using that 50 year old hardware. ;)

Perhaps going on the roof and sending smoke signals might be a better explanation.

BTW I did receive a call from Ford Corporate HQ's and perhaps I might receive a more intelligible answer then from the previous genius as he checks into it.

FedEx Delivery Manager has informed me that something is coming from Michigan in two days, just after a call as indicated above from Corporate HQ's

Edited by IraF

Dont feel bad, I am still waiting on an apology for being treated like s**t with the first car and proving the fact that they were wrong and I was right. Been, what, almost 2 years now since I got that first car?

I'm still waiting for a letter from GM apologizing for the last car I bought from them, a 1980 Chevy Citation. My '79 Triumph is a better car. Now I have 3 Fords in the garage.

I'm still waiting for a letter from GM apologizing for the last car I bought from them, a 1980 Chevy Citation.

GM made some real beauts in the '70's and 80's. We had a 1974 Cadillac Coupe DeVille with a V-6, what a mistake.

It was 19' long, white with butter leather interior - beautiful, but the drive train was a quagmire of bad engineering.

On the up side I sold it to some Japanese buyers who sent CA cars to Japan and they had an order for that exact car, they paid high KBB.

I drove it to the docks in LA Harbor and watched it get loaded on a freighter and it was shipped to Japan, I admit that not a single tear dropped from my eye.

I also have had a lot of Fords, two right now.

One just got new tires from Ford's Fuel Economy Customer Satisfaction check. :)

Edited by GrySql

IraF, on 01 Oct 2014 - 1:58 PM, said:

FedEx Delivery Manager has informed me that something is coming from Michigan in two days, just after a call as indicated above from Corporate HQ's

Did you get your check?

Most definitely and a call from Ford Corporate HQ to make sure that I did receive said item.

The story of how I got my $925 CAD:

In September, I emailed Ford asking when the check would be mailed out, and gave my VIN. They said the checks were still processing, and told me to contact them if I still heard nothing by mid October. They also verified that my VIN was on the eligible list for the goodwill payment.

On October 20, I got tired of waiting and called Ford. They checked my VIN and confirmed my eligibility but said it was "still processing".

A week and a half later, they email me asking for a copy of my sales agreement (WTF???). I give it to them.

The next week, I get my check, but the name is misspelled. I have to resort to banking it in with a human teller rather than risk getting it rejected if I use an ATM.

I got my money, but I waited way too long and it was far from smooth. I kinda feel like I deserve at least an MKZ payment for this...