cbrewer

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Radio Removal

I have scoured the internet for the past few days and cannot find an article detailing how to remove the Sony head unit. I have found several on the 2011 and older, but nothing for the 13-14's. Can anyone provide details on this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Any particular reason you want to remove the center stack? The "radio" is integrated with the MFT, Climate, Nav, and most other car systems.

The ACM is the closest thing there is to a "head unit". It's mounted behind the FCIM (the thing with the capacitive buttons). But it's really nothing more than a tuner and a CD player. i'm not sure what you'd expect to accomplish by removing it.

I want to install a navigation/video-in-motion override. It's a fairly simple plug-in-play install... After I get the trim pieces and head unit removed.

Then you don't want the ACM, you want the APIM. There really is no such thing as a "head unit", but you must be referring to the FCIM, which is the piece with all the buttons.

To get that off, start by pulling up the trim around the shifter (should come straight up). Then the silver trim behind the shifter, then the silver trim up the side of the center stack. Then all the screws should be exposed.

I have scoured the internet for the past few days and cannot find an article detailing how to remove the Sony head unit. I have found several on the 2011 and older, but nothing for the 13-14's. Can anyone provide details on this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever find anything on this? I've been on a hard target search for quite a while too and nothing until this the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRhQHlmsTc

Edited by wmpwi

Thanks in advance.

Look for 2013 video on lock pick install it shows how to remove trim piece first the trim around the shifter that says Microsoft then the silver piece behind that one and finally work your way around the unit up and around the center vents there are clips so pull with a pry tool and back down finally you will see the screws that remove the unit

This works also for the 8 inch screen and the 4 inch screen but the smaller screen is two screws only on bottom then you have to pull hard bottom to top to pull clips there are 4 clips then you will see screws for unit I removed hoping for rear camera connection and there is none on 4 inch screen

Did you ever find anything on this? I've been on a hard target search for quite a while too and nothing until this the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRhQHlmsTc

I hate pulling plastic trim pieces off like in the video, never know if its going to detach or break...Otherwise its good information. Thanks.