Sign in to follow this  
billford

SSM Active Noise Canceling System

This is a Ford Special Service Message that came out recently.

This is a typical "special service message" that Ford sends to its dealers. They are service tips for technicians.

I just posted this, so interested FFH owners have an idea what goes on during the repair process of some complaints and how complicated these cars really are.

If I get favorable replies, I can post some more when I receive them. If not, this will be the last one.

Jun 19 2014 5070 -2013-2014

Fusion Hybrid And MKZ - Disable The Active Noise Cancelling System Before Starting NVH Diagnosis

All MKZ and Fusion Hybrids are equipped with an Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) system. Prior to starting any powertrain NVH or drone noise diagnosis on these units, disable the ANC system by removing fuse 33 from the Body Control Module. Turning the radio off does not shut off the ANC system. The system is specially tuned to the vehicle so some ANC concerns may seem RPM dependent. If the noise is gone with the removal of fuse 33, refer to the Sound Quality Symptom Chart and follow the pinpoint test for "A loud, low frequency noise is heard from the audio system with the audio system off and the engine running" in section 415-00 of the online workshop manual. Body or sound system modifications, or a gap between the ANC microphone and headliner can induce ANC system noises.

Thanks,

I'll post whatever Cmax or FFH messages I get from my friend who works at a dealer. Will post in the TSB forum and start the subject line with "SSM"

The only SSM (Special Service Message) for the FCIM that I have is under the topic, Heater DIsplay Issues in the TSB forum. The reflash is to correct non responsive heater control buttons. I don't believe it has anything to do with the a/c strategy.

But, I do know that sometimes the engineers will tweak the software and not advertise it. So a reprogram may or may not fix your a/c button concern...