Sign in to follow this  
tbranca

My 2013 came with the wrong spark plugs installed

I have 22k miles and My mileage stinks 36mpg so I pulled the plug out and they are the wrong ones installed CYFS-12Y-PC5 or SP531 and the should be SP530 AYFS-32Y_R just wanted to see if any one alse has seen this.

Umm, I dont know what plugs were in my first car, but they had to replace all 4 at 4500 miles due to fouling. If those are the correct plugs you refer to and change them out, do a hard reset and see if it makes any difference.

Umm, I dont know what plugs were in my first car, but they had to replace all 4 at 4500 miles due to fouling. If those are the correct plugs you refer to and change them out, do a hard reset and see if it makes any difference.

And for tbranca - how did the plugs look when you pulled them out?

I have 22k miles and My mileage stinks 36mpg so I pulled the plug out and they are the wrong ones installed CYFS-12Y-PC5 or SP531 and the should be SP530 AYFS-32Y_R just wanted to see if any one alse has seen this.

Take a look at this.

The 2013 FFH Owner's Manual Specification page says the car uses SP-531:

ScreenShot2014-06-17at35449PM_zps7279ee9

Edited by GrySql

And for tbranca - how did the plugs look when you pulled them out?

fouled and had brown stuff on the ceramic looked like they were leaking air threw the plug

Take a look at this.

The 2013 FFH Owner's Manual Specification page says the car uses SP-531:

ScreenShot2014-06-17at35449PM_zps7279ee9

I ordered the plugs from rock auto then when I noticed the difference I went to fords web site and they cal for the SP530 the SP531 are for the 2.5 gas

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=gEKr10os56mXUObBbv7Z1g%3d%3d&id=277378176&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Fusion

fouled and had brown stuff on the ceramic looked like they were leaking air threw the plug

Did you take pics that you can share? FYI - I edited the thread title to say "2013" instead of "3013".

Edited by hybridbear

I ordered the plugs from rock auto then when I noticed the difference I went to fords web site and they cal for the SP530 the SP531 are for the 2.5 gas

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=gEKr10os56mXUObBbv7Z1g%3d%3d&id=277378176&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Fusion

I see that, which is odd because when I changed my spark plugs the Ford parts website listed the correct plug as SP-531.

I was very careful to get the correct spark plug at that time.

Something has changed, maybe the heat range of the plugs are a little different.

Either way, if your spark plugs look fouled or in bad condition I'd take it to the Dealer and see what they say.

Have you checked your VIN on ETIS to see if any TSB's or Recalls apply to your car?

Your Dealer can also run an OASIS report to see if any of those issues apply to your car too.

Whats the build date of your car?