GrySql

TSB 14-0099 - 03/05/2014 - MUSTY ODOR FROM A/C VENT ON INITIAL START UP

Is this on just Fusions? My wife has a 2013 C-MAX and it smells really bad. They wanted to charge her $98 for some deodorizing stuff they were going to spray.

Apparently the air distribution duct behind the dash was improperly designed and moisture can collect in it. The solution is removing the dash and putting in a newer duct. I don't know if the C-Max used the same defective design.

Has anyone else had this fix? My dealer just did a deodorizing of the evaporator coil and the combo smell is worse than it was to start with. At least a/c smell went away after running a bit.

Welcome to the forum!

I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance to get things smelling sweet again. What's your current mileage?

Meagan

Is this on just Fusions? My wife has a 2013 C-MAX and it smells really bad. They wanted to charge her $98 for some deodorizing stuff they were going to spray.

Has the smell gone away since your post? Please let me know, along with the mileage, and I'll check out some options.

It's April now and like I said in my previous post, I used the A/C for the first time since October 2014 when we had an 80 degree day last week.

That same musty odor came shooting out of my vents as soon as I turned the A/C on.

I'm not going to use the A/C again until I bring it into the dealer so they can get a whiff of that foul smell.

I'm due for an oil change soon and need some other warranty work done, so it won't be too long until I can report back if the dealer refuses to perform the TSB work again!

Once you have an appointment set up, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Get Meagan, our Ford Rep, on the case before you go.

Thanks!

Meagan