Sign in to follow this  
Ram

Steel Ramps, need longer ramps to change oil?

Rather than buying, if you have some basic hand tools, just make a custom set of ramps from 2x12's, similar to these.

9070831.jpg?365

Cut them to the appropriate length for your car and bolt them together. I wouldn't trust or go under a car any other way, or use any other material.

I have a set thats 30 years old. Works on dump trucks and Fusions.

I don't have 2 man and a small boy to carry something as heavy as them around. My rhino ramp are polymer and hold the front end of my f150 with no issues.

It doesn't take "2 man and and small boy". 1 person can easily carry both of these.

But, if you trust your hollow ramps, I'm sure your fine...

Rather than buying, if you have some basic hand tools, just make a custom set of ramps from 2x12's, similar to these.

Cut them to the appropriate length for your car and bolt them together. I wouldn't trust or go under a car any other way, or use any other material.

I have a set thats 30 years old. Works on dump trucks and Fusions.

I built some just like that about 20 years ago from scrap lumber. They work great and cost me nothing. Nice picture.

Hence the reason I let them do it. Also did you know the filter for a Camry Hybrid is the exact same filter on my John Deere X500 2 cylinder air cooled 24 HP engine?