ORRanger

Active Park Assist Problems

The dealer has confirmed my APA is behaving erratically but is stumped on how to fix it. It's erratic because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It will fail to recognize a valid parking space, and also will tell me to stop and begin the automatic park when my A pillar is roughly aligned with the first parked car's front bumper. In other words, far too soon, when I'm only half way through the available parking space. It worked fine for 17K miles until 3 weeks ago, when the false positive rate for the collision warning system also jumped.

I do have the collision system set on maximum sensitivity so I expect some false positives and do get them, but until now there has always been a reasonable explanation, such as a very narrow shoulder-less road going into a left turn, when it will pick up a guard rail or tree. Now it sounds the alarm when there is nothing like this going on. Dealer thinks they have the collision warning problem covered with a software update.

There are no service bulletins on the active park assist problem. The dealer is communicating with Ford's "hotline" but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced problems with active park assist.

Thanks.

Thanks for the insights--I will pass them on to the dealer.

The sensor may be it. I also had an incident where the car cancelled the collision warning and ACC because it said the sensors were blocked, when in fact they weren't blocked.

In this instance, I do think the service people are taking this seriously and are genuinely stumped.

I will be out of range for any wifi, etc for a few days and will leave the car at the shop to give them all the time they need. So, if I don't respond to any further postings right away, this is why.

OrRanger

Rain spray will block the ACC sensor, happens quite often to mine when a truck coming towards me on a 2 lane puts up a wall of spray. Hate when that happens as it disables the cruise for up to 20 minutes.

Thanks for the insights--I will pass them on to the dealer.

The sensor may be it. I also had an incident where the car cancelled the collision warning and ACC because it said the sensors were blocked, when in fact they weren't blocked.

In this instance, I do think the service people are taking this seriously and are genuinely stumped.

I will be out of range for any wifi, etc for a few days and will leave the car at the shop to give them all the time they need. So, if I don't respond to any further postings right away, this is why.

OrRanger

OrRanger,

Let me know if you still need help with this once you're back to a computer. Just send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll see what I can do.

Ashley