Sign in to follow this  
Gib

2015 Early Ordering

Incentives can be locked in at time of order, but financing can only be done at the time of delivery.

1. Anyone know about what I could expect for turn around time on a special order? I have read it's usually 8-10 weeks, but will there be a backlog of special orders and make it take longer than normal? Will there be a bunch of dealer-ordered vehicles that also slow it down? Assuming I go into the dealership this week, would mid-August be a reasonable timeframe?

A salesman at my dealership told me that they can order 2015s now but production has not begun yet and I should expect 3-4 months for delivery. That may be an exaggeration of delivery time because he was trying to steer me to a 2014 FFH SE that was sitting on the dealership lot. I think a delivery sometime in August would be likely if you order in early June.

Isn't production supposed to start in July or so?

I believe sometime second half of June is when production is suppose to begin for 2015 FFHs but I have gotten different answers on this question. I was told during an online chat session (on the Ford Fusion website) that 2015s will begin showing up on dealer lots in August and that the Ford Fusion website should be updated with 2015 information sometime in mid June.

While 0.9 is tempting, even 0% is more tempting, when you look at the difference between a 3% interest rate, and the incentives you don't get when financing at 0%, taking the incentives instead of the low financing can be the better deal. If you get $2500 cash back instead of 0.9%, and finance at around 3%, the finance charges work out to be less than the incentives, so you would actually pay more at 0%. YMMV