The looks of the car after having it done make it very appealing. Does it work and by how much - well the smallest windows (the sides) get tinted and the rear but that big puppy out front cannot be done.

Every car up until now I have had tinted. The last one I did 45% on the front sides and 35% on the rear and I believe it did help reduce the heat inside. By how much - not sure. With my current car I'm not doing it at all. My vision is less than stellar now and may stay that way after recent surgery on the one eye so I'm going to pass.

However you can't beat the sinister curb appeal once done and a black car done right - Yowsa. Yes I have a black car and it hurts not doing it, but.... ;(

It helps keep it cooler. Mine is black and had it tinted last year, well worth the cost, and it looks great without affecting vision too bad at night.

For me it was more privacy and looks issue than a heat issue. I believe it does help not getting as warm but walking out to my car and pressing the open key to get all windows down has a bigger effect in order to cool it down IMHO.

As long as it isn't raining! LOL I use that feature myself.

My FFH is tinted and - for short periods of time - tinting makes a difference. Still, give it enough time and the heat will build up. I say that tinting is about 80% cosmetics and maybe 20% heat reduction. Would I do it again? Hell yeah, darker windows are sweet looking. Would I tint for heat reduction? No... carry a windshield blocker.

Totally agree with KLH. I did 32% ceramic all the way around, as well as a clear ceramic on the windshield. I think it makes a difference for heat, but I still use a sunshade, and the additional privacy when stuck in the insane traffic here in Atlanta is nice too. But my main reason for tint isn't temp reduction or privacy, but enhanced UV protection. UV is always coming in, even on cloudy days, so I consider it an one-time investment in protecting my interior (plus my own skin LOL) from much of the effect of UV.