GrySql

After a long trip, thoughts on the FFH

When I first got the BD, we took an unplanned trip down to Florida in mid December(The Ferry Trip), and other than the really poor FE, the car handled great, was really comfortable(moreso than the HyTi), and what kept me in the Fusion instead of looking elsewhere. I may some day try to find a pair of SE Luxury buckets and swap out the Ti seats. If I have only one gripe, that is it. Great car, My most favorite car ever.

Switch them for the Ti heated and cooled seats. I'm telling you, they are extremely comfortable compared to the regular Ti seats. Although, I guess you don't need cooled seats up there.

I use them in my MKT all the time, tonight in fact. I will have to see if my dealer is going to get one in with that option so I can butt test them.

Nice write up and what you would expect from the car.

I would like to find gas with no ethanol and give it a try, but I have only seen ethanol gas in the St Louis, MO metro area. One of these days I will see it and give it a try.

Higher octane doesn't help mpg. No ethanol might get 3 % better mpg but it's not cost effective. Temperatures over 95 cause AC load to seriously affect mpg.

For the life of the car I have been using 89 octane, mainly because it was no different in price than 87 at the other stations, Sadly that station appears to have shut down, the store that ran it closed, so no more 20 cents off per gallon either. For the past couple weeks the car has been filled with 87 octane, and it is running and getting MPG no different than it has for the past nearly one year. 23900 miles, going to roll over 24K tomorrow. Like Grysql, I just drive it now, its becomes second nature to drive it and get good MPG.