Griswald

Efficiency on longer highway trips...

I travel 60m for a commute and average 43mpg. I would expect your experience to be similar on the highways.

We've typically experienced close to 45 MPG @ 65 MPH, 42 MPG @ 70 MPH and 38 MPG @ 75 MPH. A/C use, wind and elevation changes are assumed to be zero in those estimates and they're based on warm temps in the 60s.

Road trip to PA last night was 109 miles at 54 MPG (had the Energi HVB help with that) with AC on, and then 208 miles at 45 MPG (Energi HVB long gone) with AC off, setting the CC mostly at 65 MPH. I'm pretty happy with that.

Just hop in the car and drive how you like. You will still do better than the 20mpg you have been getting with the Explorer. If you keep it around 65 you will get better mpgs than if you were going faster.

We recently got around 45 during trips to Chicago, Lousville, and Little Rock. It is better than we were getting without the FFH.

Drive the car to enjoy it.

Whats funny is my MKT gets better MPG at 75 than 55. Complete opposite of the FFH.

Try using the Sync Destinations and send it to the car, much quicker to do.

Here is something I discovered recently. I was getting 50 MPG doing 70 MPH today. What I did was get the HVB up as high as it will go and feather the throttle to stay on ICE, and maintain speed. When going up grade I let it slip down in speed and recovered the speed on the other side.

Here is a shot I took of it last time I noticed it.

10373643_732133140162156_434881379701878

Here is the trip result from today.

10177367_732133903495413_306029798900613

At or under 70 is usually a good bet. I keep it at 65 and typically get 43mpg. Nothing to complain about!

Yep - we're on the road right now in her Energi, where we see from the other thread that the sticker rating is moving from 43 to 38? Ok, but keeping the cruise at 68 and staying nice and smooth can still yield pretty good numbers, as shown from yesterday's segments in the road trip from the MFM web site that Energis use.

MPG_20140612_zpsf787c6e1.jpg

Whats funny is my MKT gets better MPG at 75 than 55. Complete opposite of the FFH.

I know im a bit late here, but my MKZ gets better MPG at 75 vs 65.

Here is something I discovered recently. I was getting 50 MPG doing 70 MPH today. What I did was get the HVB up as high as it will go and feather the throttle to stay on ICE, and maintain speed. When going up grade I let it slip down in speed and recovered the speed on the other side.

Here is a shot I took of it last time I noticed it.

10373643_732133140162156_434881379701878

Here is the trip result from today.

10177367_732133903495413_306029798900613

This is something I have been saying about going into EV on the highway gives worse milage. They should have put a option in the menus for us with a couple of options for max speed EV.

I posted a video yesterday of a short section where with a nearly full charge(car wont go any higher under speed) the instant hovers around 50 MPG. Its a 38 second video to show its not a brief spurt with me taking my foot off the gas to take a picture. Had the windows down and enjoying the weather.

I dont remember where, or if it even works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739584589417011

If not I will upload to YouTube and repost.

Edited by acdii