Speaking of the "blind spot warning", am I the only one who thinks it would be a LOT more effective if the little light was a tiny bit bigger AND placed on the inside edge of the mirror instead of the outside ?? And maybe blinking too ??

I like it but find that it doesn't get my attention when it should.

I'm finding more that the BLIS is active when I can see the vehicle in my mirrors and not always when it isn't, can the dealer re-calibrate it?

Not 100% accurate. There as some cars, Smart, and these ugly new Fiats, that are so small that they can be in your blind zone even with the mirrors adjusted properly. This is where BLIS is worth its weight. Same goes for bikes, they can be in such a position to be just outside your mirrors, but BLIS will see them. I have mine adjusted as described above and there were times that the BLIS was lit up and nothing was in the mirror, but a glance my my left, and sure enough there was this little go cart of a car. For those of us who wear Progressive lenses, and have a narrow FOV, BLIS is a great option to have.

That split second decision when you may have to either swerve into the next lane, or slam on the brakes is where BLIS comes in handy, one glance, and if that light is on, easy ,hit the brakes. If you can see a car, and it is not on, then yo know you have room to get over if you need to.

BLIS mirrors dont have the convex. I test drove a Cmax and almost backed into something due to 1/4 of the mirror being taken up by that little mirror. I prefer the full mirror over the one with the grandpa mirror on it. Next you will want a knob on your steering wheel. :) J/K

Well you know, for some people, new fangled technology skeeres the heck out of them. I have been using BLIS for 4 years now and was excited to find out Ford added it to the Flex, which needs it badly, that bugger has blind spots that even properly set mirrors cant see.

I feel better actually looking with my own eyes... The BLIS option just didn't seem worth it to me. When I use my mirrors AND turn my head, I really don't feel like I have a blind spot. However, if someone feels they need it, then I guess I'm glad they can get it.

Back in the '40's when I was growing up a lot of cars had a 'knuckle buster' steering wheel knob, because cars and small trucks didn't have power steering.

I remember standing in a Pep Boy's Auto Parts store with my Dad and slipping over to the steering wheel knob display, my brother and I liked the special ones with the scantily clad girls on them, wow - for then....

You got one of those 'special' ones Steve?

40's? Wow! I wasn't even a thought of a glimmer in my parents eyes. In fact, my parents had just met. Wow! (Not hinting anything about you g! ) ;)

Anyway, no, it's just the standard Craftsman Steering Wheel Knob. :)

I didn't have my phone or a picture would accompany this. I was at home Depot and what did I see? One of those knobs in the gardening section. LOL

I think the steering wheel knobs became illegal in many states a long time ago.

In the 2010-12, the BLIS comes with the CTA. The BLIS is not a big deal because you don't have a blind spot if the mirrors are adjusted correctly. The CTA is a BIG help when backing from between two vehicles. It gives some false alarms but I wouldn't have another car without it.

My CTA has been acting up and I noticed that it doesn't detect cars in time, or at all. Add it to my list.

Well it was a long time ago that I shopped for a "Suicide Knob" and I believe the store said they were illegal. I guess they were out of them.

Clean the lower rear of the rear fender and see if the CTA improves.