Sitting here watching DWTS with my wife and there is this car commercial, Looked like a Ford, but wasn't quite sure, didn't look like a typical Ford commercial. They talk about distractions and people who don't pay attention to their surroundings. It was a Fusion and they emphasized the BLIS!

Really liked the wheels they had on that one too.

Think Ford is listening to us?

Notice, I am posting on the Forum. Besides, whats wrong with watching scantily clad women shaking what they got?

and I think the mandate for backup cameras is a little silly.

But Think of the Chidren! Poor little Timmy got run over because Mommy was too distracted talking on her cell phone to know her little boy was playing behind her car when she was backing up. If she had a backup camera she would have known! <the argument I saw related to the BUC law.

And for those who think the BLIS doesn't help, have never used it. In vehicles with big blind spots, like the Flex, the BLIS system is a life saver. I was so glad they finally added it to the 2013 models. It DOES work for bikes too, in case you thought it didn't. Then again most of them are so obnoxiously loud, if you can't hear them you shouldn't be driving.

You may want to stop and pick up a Y chromosome next time you are out running around. Just saying.

I only look when scantily clad women are bouncing around, the rest of the time i am on the computer. Always on the look out for a wardrobe malfunction.

Acdii, tell us more about the wardrobe malfunctions. Pictures please.

I would but it would violate Forum guidelines. The last one a couple weeks ago was quite revealing.

You have that tool built in to your body and have had it since us humans decided to walk upright...IT'S CALLED TURNING YOUR HEAD.

That as maybe, but then you are not capable of any attention to the direction of travel during the time that your head is turned and would not be able to spot any deceleration or any further increase in deceleration of the vehicle that you are intending to pass.

BLIS enables the driver to spend more time paying attention to the view forward whilst still having some awareness of anything alongside.