dijital

"Route Calculation Failed" when starting from home

I suspect that it's a map issue, but it's kinda frustrating. Anyone seen something similar?

Yes, I get this every time I visit a friend's neighborhood - when driving into their development I see a sign that says 'private road' and the navigation lady gives me the schpiel about "incomplete map data" which I assume is because their development does not have public (publicly-maintained) roads. Is your neighborhood a similar setup?

I can see how that could happen, but I gave it a custom name. I've also tried directly routing to it using a POI search, and through Services.

Hi dijital,

Since you're able to to navigate to the church from other locations, perhaps the incomplete map data is near your home. Does the same thing happen if you enter a different address or POI while you're still in your neighborhood? Are you able to navigate to your home address from a different location? Do you receive any error messages when you get closer to home?

Kim

These were my ideas too & what Jeff_h posted above. Thanks Kim for explaining it better than I could have.

I try my best, hybridbear (even though I ended up being wrong). ;)

Kim,

I'd considered that too. I regularly start navigation from our driveway, and this is the only destination that seems to fail from home. I've never got an error routing to my home, or any route that passes through this neighborhood. It just seems to be any route that starts in my neighborhood, and ends 2 hours away in this church's neighborhood.

Here's the even weirder thing. Starting at that church and routing home... never a problem.

(I know, right? Totally baffling... :confused: )

I'm stumped! It's hard to tell if the issue is with the map information, the navigation system, or some other type of interference. Do you mind sending your VIN, mileage, and best phone number in a PM? Please include the address of the church as well. I'll document your concern and let you know what I recommend as far as troubleshooting goes.

Kim

UPDATE: I just got a voicemail from the Ford Vehicle Technology Support Center. Based on the case that Kim opened for me, they were able to determine that the issue lies with the mapping software itself. Not only were they were able to reproduce the issue I was seeing, but they're currently working on a fix that will be applied with a future Nav system update.

Thanks again for your help, Kim!

:yahoo: :dance:

Awesome news, dijital!

This one was a tricky one. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. You know where to find me if you have questions in the future. :D

Kim