DroidGeek

Defect on rear license plate panel

I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to bring this up since we have all apparently noticed it! I noticed it the first week I had my FFH, but never brought it up to the dealer or on the forum. It bothers me whenever I approach the car from the back in the sunlight, but at this point I don't really notice it much any more.

now I see it every time I walk behind the car...it puts me in a bad mood... It reminds me of the first door dent I got on my F150 when it was brand new...

I just checked my 2013 FFH with Ice Storm 2 paint. I looked at it in bright sunlight, from every angle, and I can't see them at all. Either I'm going blind or my car's a freak.

They show in dark colors a lot more. My car now has 4 noticeable dings on it, two from careless A-holes slamming their doors into the car, leaving paint marks, one from a rock thrown off a truck into the left rear door, and one ding right on the top of the drivers door. That one has been there since shortly after getting the car. Now along with chips and scratches from cats on the hood, my car looks well used. I need a day in the body shop to get it cleaned up and scratch fixes applied. I just have not had time, nor teh ability to get the car super cleaned this year. My shoulders are finally to the point where now I can clean and polish the car, but its 40* now and windy. bleh.

Has anyone noticed the bad mold defect on the rear panel on each side of the license plate. The panel is plastic so I assume its a bad mold. It looks like there are 2 line dents on each side of the license plate that can be seen only when the light hits it at certain angels. Does anyone know if ford is going to do anything about this? It seems to be a widespread issue spanning from 2013-present models

These marks are from clip towers on the B surface. This has nothing to do with european plates, but is in fact a poor job of molding and shouldn't be there. It is a design flaw that can be processed out when molding. I have them on my black fusion and have also seen them on a new unpainted part as well. The show up much better with darker colors.