padero9615

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Electronic Emergency Break Manual Release?

What else we need to know is that you have a legal right to be moving those cars.........and there is no way for us to know if you have a legal claim on them or not.

For all we know, you are just trying to find out how to defeat part of the vehicle security for some other actual purpose and most of the story is "made up".

If Ford can't or won't help you, I'm thinking that WE should not either.

Yes I do. Thanks for your help. Like I said we have gone through all the necessary channels for information and came up empty handed. This was a last resort. If you can't help that's fine but I'm not going to get into that with you. It's pointless. Thanks again Edited by padero9615

The electric parking brake is my least favorite feature on the whole car. how much more expensive than just a pedal for absolutely no increased ability. It’s slow, I have to sit and watch the light on the dash to know if it’s done it’s thing. Sometimes I don’t have enough of my foot on the brake pedal and it wont put itself on or off. Just yuck. Sorry I can’t help with the actual problem, but I can commiserate about the dumb electric parking brake.

The electric parking brake is my least favorite feature on the whole car. how much more expensive than just a pedal for absolutely no increased ability. Its slow, I have to sit and watch the light on the dash to know if its done its thing. Sometimes I dont have enough of my foot on the brake pedal and it wont put itself on or off. Just yuck. Sorry I cant help with the actual problem, but I can commiserate about the dumb electric parking brake.

So you would rather have a stupid hand or foot brake? I have used mine maybe twice and you don't have to wait just get in and go it will release the brake automatically no need to wait for the slow electrons to do their job. ;)

Hi jeffo65,

I can get the insight you need. Your inquiry has been forwarded to Ford experts; I will keep you posted as soon as I receive their feedback. ;)

Kwasi

Hi Kwasi, welcome to the Forum!

From the shop manual:

Whenever the parking brake switch is disconnected and then reconnected, a DTC sets in the ABS module and the ABS module disables the parking brake system. To restore parking brake system functionality and to clear the DTC, the parking brake switch must be moved through all 3 positions twice within 5 seconds pausing for approximately one-half second when the switch is in the NEUTRAL position between each apply and release

It's not clear if this only works when the ignition is on, but you could try disconnecting the switch to see if it will release the brake.

So you would rather have a stupid hand or foot brake? I have used mine maybe twice and you don't have to wait just get in and go it will release the brake automatically no need to wait for the slow electrons to do their job. ;)

wait... so I dont actually have to turn it off myself? I’ve put it in gear without releasing it and it didn’t go off then... but it will when I start to move? I’ll try that momentarily when I go out :) That would be great. I only just figured out I didn’t need to actually hold it until the break was on or off, I’m slow ;) But thats how the car dealer guy demonstrated it. And I read the whole silly manual, you’d think I’d have noticed this...

wait... so I dont actually have to turn it off myself?

Page 181 in the FFH OM.

Automatic release - drive away release

Note: The driver's door must be closed and the driver's safety belt must be fastened before this feature will operate.

wait... so I dont actually have to turn it off myself? Ive put it in gear without releasing it and it didnt go off then... but it will when I start to move? Ill try that momentarily when I go out :) That would be great. I only just figured out I didnt need to actually hold it until the break was on or off, Im slow ;) But thats how the car dealer guy demonstrated it. And I read the whole silly manual, youd think Id have noticed this...

You got it ... the dealer guy not so much! :)

it works! :) Feels wrong though because the car is obviously still got the break on when you start applying the gas. I’ll get used to it ;)

Just a quick comment... I've used my emergency brake once. And that was to test it. I like the way it operates. Unlike the manual emergency brake in my F-150. Which, until fixed under warranty, the cable had a tendence to hang up and would not release the brake.

To padero9615 - I'm surprised Ford Canada or the dealers are not helping you. If they can't get the cars delivered, they don't get paid. That and I'm sure the rail company is real happy about having one of their transport cars sitting idle with cargo that can't be unloaded.

Luckily I've never had my brake break.

I did have a brake line break while braking.

Luckily I've never had my brake break.

I had a parking brake break once...in my 2002 Saab 9-3. Fortunately the break in the brake wasn't hard to fix, the brake cable didn't actually break, it just slipped out of its bolt and disconnected.

This is starting to look like a challenge how many brakes can you break into a post. ;)

Edited by corncobs

Why is it when a brake line breaks, it breaks when you are braking and sprays brake fluid all over when it breaks.

Are you looking for an answer Captain Obvious, or are you just messn' with us? :)

Why is it when a brake line breaks, it breaks when you are braking and sprays brake fluid all over when it breaks.

Murphy's Law requires that to happen.

Mine (2014) stays on when I shift into drive. I have to release the brake (Un brake the brake) manually. Is there a setting to change this? Is my brake broken?

Mine stays ON until I press the "gas pedal" slightly.....then releases.

This is handy since the "hill hold" feature of the brakes only lasts a few seconds.

Edited by Easy Rider