Taking my car in tomorrow morning for its first service, 6 months old and only has about 4k miles on it, but required to get it served every 6 month for the PowerTrain 4 Life program at my dealer.

Anyways other then the oil change/ tire rotation stuff and small issue I have with MyFord Touch Is there anything specific I should have them check? Knock on wood (so far the car has been pretty solid).

I got one of those 3 year 40k maintence plans free when I bought the car, pretty sure that is all included but I will double check.

Thanks

Beware these "FREE" service plans. These cars need almost zero service except oil/filter changes as per the maintenance schedule, tire rotation and maybe a cabin air filter replacement which you can do yourself and everything else is covered by warranties. If they require you to pay for ANY service other than the above to comply with that 3 year 40K miles maintenance plan, it's a scam and forget it. What is this 3/40K plan in addition to?

Edited by lolder

...small issue I have with MyFord Touch Is there anything specific I should have them check? ...

Hi Howie411,

What is happening with MyFord touch? I'll let you know if there is any troubleshooting I can suggest from home.

Kim

I took my 2013 FFH Ti to the dealer for the 5,000 mile service. My car had 5,800 miles on it after about of year of driving. (I did not get to drive a lot because of family obligations that kept me bottled up at home.) Anyway, the oil life monitor still showed 15% left but I didn't want to push it. I only went to get an oil change, tire rotation, and inspection sticker. The dealer recommended a 5K mile service package that included BG motor oil additive. The guy wasn't pushy but he did say it was a Ford-approved additive, which is bullshit because Ford, like most manufacturers, do not recommend motor oil additives. Anyway, the manual only recommends an oil change and tire rotation every 10K miles. There are also multiple inspection elements that my dealer does for free. If you go by the manual, the car really does not need too much maintenance. However, I would get my tires balanced every other oil change and my car aligned at least every two years because I drive in NYC, the city of a million potholes. Getting the car rotated at the dealer costs an extra $10 but they make a record of it on their systems so I can put in for tire tread insurance were my tires going to wear prematurely. (It's part of the tire warranty fine print that you document all your rotations, balances, and alignments.) I haven't put too many miles on the FFH, but it has proven to be a pretty solid car. My last car was a 2004 Nissan Maxima, and it required multiple visits to the dealer to get the suspension and other issues fixed (there were TSBs on the front struts, tires being out of balance, etc.—real frustrating for a new car!). I am very pleased that Ford was able to get a quality car out.

I don't think that is strictly true.

I believe they still recommend a change every 12 months AND it probably says to go by the oil life monitor, which takes time and miles into consideration.......as well as some other factors, supposedly.

Yes, you're correct. The recommendation is the earliest of: (a) a year; (b) ten thousand miles; © the oil life monitor.

Dropping my car off at the dealer for its first service at 9,975 miles today. No major problems and only three items for them to look at; The cup holders no longer light up and the adhesive the holds the weather strip under the leading edge of the hood is failing, and the ac switch that doesn't turn off the ac. I'll probably ask them to turn on the DRL's too.

How did the visit go, tr7driver? Is your Fusion back at home now?

Crystal

...They did give me a loaner car and have been very polite. I hope to have the car back this afternoon.

Definitely keep me posted, tr7driver. I'll be here in case you need me to jump in and assist.

Crystal

They did everythihg I asked them to do. I did have to send the the instructions for the DLR and the reflash. They were very patient dealing with my insistance that the cup holders had lights, and went as far as removing the center console to show me there was no wiring there for lighting. And they didn't serve me any crow on the way out. (I could swear the cup holder were lit, I guess I'm getting old.) I'm a happy camper.

I'm glad they took great care of you, tr7driver. If there's anything I can help with in the future, just let me know. :)

Crystal

Since you offered.... The service guys did a really good job and were nice even though I insisted my cup holders used to light up. I can only imagine some of the crazy stuff they must see, I'm sure they lit up, but I'm remembering the 2010 I traded. Normally I'd drop by with a couple of boxes of doughnuts to thank them and get the attention of the dealer managers to confirm that they are appreciated. However, the dealer is a 30 mile drive, so I'm not going to spend an hour of road time to drop off a couple of dozen doughnuts. Can you give these guys a positive plug with the dealer principal to show I appreciate their efforts and professional attitude?

I'd be glad to, tr7driver. Send me a PM with any specific shout-outs you'd like me to include and I'll get this documented in our system for the appropriate folks to see.

Crystal

Since you offered.... The service guys did a really good job and were nice even though I insisted my cup holders used to light up. I can only imagine some of the crazy stuff they must see, I'm sure they lit up, but I'm remembering the 2010 I traded. Normally I'd drop by with a couple of boxes of doughnuts to thank them and get the attention of the dealer managers to confirm that they are appreciated. However, the dealer is a 30 mile drive, so I'm not going to spend an hour of road time to drop off a couple of dozen doughnuts. Can you give these guys a positive plug with the dealer principal to show I appreciate their efforts and professional attitude?

You could do what I did, send them a gift basket of fruit to say thanks. Goes a LONG way.