IraF

Navigation Map A5

Couldn't tell if anything was significant with regards to A5 which I just got today.

post-11741-0-76975300-1399171821_thumb.jpg

I did a search on ebay and found

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121330817339?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l26

and this is what I found

Item Description ****BRAND NEW**** Genuine Ford/Lincoln Navigation System SD Card U.S / Canada Version A5 ( Latest Update )

(*See chart below for compatible vehicles prior to purchase)
Condition: NEW ( sealed package ) This SD CARD replace your current version A1 A2 & A3 or A4 and update to version A5

This is original factory Navigation SD CARD (NOT a burnt copy or bootleg)

FLM Navigation System U.S.A / Canada Map Covers: NORTH AMERICA (U.S & Canada)

Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area

Part number : EM5T-19H449-AA

MAP Version: A5 ( Latest 2014 Update )
Copyright © 2013

This SD CARD only suitable for some 2011-2014 Ford/Lincoln vehicles, equipped with factory installed 8" Touchscreen MyFord Touch with Navigation or MyLincoln Touch Navigation system.

Please Note: Vehicles with smaller 4.2-inch LCD display will NOT compatible

Compatible Vehicles ( with 8" Touchscreen Factory NAVI System )

Only 2013-2014 Ford Taurus, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Mustang, F-150, Super Duty, Escape
2014 Fiesta, 2014 Transit Connect

2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford Edge Flex Explorer
2011 2012 2013 Lincoln MKX

I paid 44.98 with shipping

Another site

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131180737045?item=131180737045

Edited by IraF

If I go to the official site http://www.navigation.com and enter my car it says that I have the latest map for my car.

So how does the grey market have the map before it has been released?

I know on the official site I see the same as you do, how sellers on ebay got A5 is beyond me but the way I read it on ebay it's real.

Personally I don't trust software off of ebay. It is too easy for crooks to counterfeit/fake software and packaging. If it were available from the NAVTEQ folks, I think we would know by now. Beware!

How was windows 7_8 (OEM) the official systems released way before M$ released it?

If there's an update to Sync then Ford might provide the updated Nav card for free. Didn't they do that when Sync 3.6 came out for early build cars with the A2 Nav card?

Gears
Help?
System Information
Map Database Version

check out http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/categories/Ford_SUV_Accessories/Escape/Navigation.cfm
A5 Ford Escape I see A5 listed for $182? Same part number : EM5T-19H449-AA as I got

go to the Ford Navigation site put in Escape 2013 and you have the latest which is the same as one gets for the Fusion. You have the latest
how about the Edge http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=60839625&categoryID=56&productTypeID=13&CFID=222970&CFTOKEN=93601801 Same part number : EM5T-19H449-AA as I got $126?

post-11741-0-44223900-1399230949_thumb.jpg

Edited by IraF

Mine is the A4.

Our Ford IVT Rep 'Kim' already answered this question on another Forum.

No help there.

In that other forum there is a mention of the A5 card being available from the Motorcraft website as:
Part #: EM5Z19H449AA

I have no personal knowledge of this A5 card, just passing along info from that other posting.

Edited by GrySql

Part #: EM5Z19H449AA same as EM5T-19H449-AA

NOTE: EM5T is the engineering reference. For parts clerk ordering use Z in place of T rest of part number as listed for paperwork purposes.

Hey everyone,

I recieved information about the A5 cards this morning. I can now confirm that the A5 SD card is a legitimate Ford map card. It is backwards compatible with all MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch vehicles (if they are equipped with navigation). This means that it will work even if you haven't updated your software to V3.6.2 yet (which I recommend doing) ;). This is not currently available at: www.Navigation.com for purchase. From my understanding, you should be seeing this update available on their website later this year. For now, the best way to order is through your Ford dealership. This will most likely have a cost associated with it, but I recommend checking with your dealer for pricing information.

Kim

Here is the result from fordparts.com when searching on part # EM5Z19H449AA

Item Description Fulfillment Price Per Item Quantity Subtotal

CARD - MEMORY
Part #: EM5Z19H449AA
Pack Qty: 1 Shippable $141.91

Edited by jeff_h

I have a very long trip coming up so I joined IraF and bought an OEM, brand new A5 card from Ebay for $50.

(EM5T-19H449-AA)

When it arrives we'll discuss it.

I asked Benny at Levittown Ford for their price.

He just posted on the Fusion Forum that they now carry it for $119.

$119 is far less expensive than $199 that you will see it for the map update, the question is, is it worth it?

Isn't this ridiculous that we accept having to fork out well north of $100 for a MAP update for a $900 NAV system when makers such as Garmin offer lifetime updates on $150 GPS units. Ford / Navteq should be providing them for free, for maybe 5 years from purchase.

On another note, does anyone know if it is possible to use the Open Source OSM Maps with the Ford navy system. I use the OSM maps on my Garmin cycling computer and they are generally very accurate and get updated sometimes weekly.

I just purchased a 14 ffh se with nav and the dealer lost the card before i picked it up. I'm told they ordered a new card and was put in the mail to me i'm curious to see which one shows up. I agree updates on such an expensive option should be greatly discounted to possibly just cover there S&H for the card.

Why would I have to pay for this? Kim, what you are saying to me is that even though I just bought my '14 Fusion Titanium in February it has out of date maps. That was $700 I just forked over for that option. This really stinks.

DEAR IVT: Please quit selling this crap product and integrate Google maps into your vehicles. Or at least release a MFT SDK so I can do it for everyone here.

Why would I have to pay for this? Kim, what you are saying to me is that even though I just bought my '14 Fusion Titanium in February it has out of date maps. That was $700 I just forked over for that option. This really stinks.

DEAR IVT: Please quit selling this crap product and integrate Google maps into your vehicles. Or at least release a MFT SDK so I can do it for everyone here.

When you paid that $700, did you have some kind of expectation that from that point on, nothing in the world would ever change and your maps would be accurate forever?

Guess what, in a couple months Ford will start selling a 2015 Fusion that will make your whole car out of date. Will you be surprised when Ford makes you pay to update to a 2015 Fusion?

The point IS that an entire GPS marketplace already exists out there and MOST of it included free map updates with the price of the units......if you pay a small extra amount up front.

That is something like $30. And the units themselves cost less than $200.

And then there is GoogleMaps that runs FREE on a smart phone.

So.....along comes Ford......and all the other car makers too as far as I know......and they sell you a GPS that has no more functionality than a Garmin or Tom Tom AND then they want

to soak you every year for about $150 to keep your maps updated.

That's for a memory card that costs them maybe $10 and a license fee to the map company that MIGHT be another $10.......so their profit margin on the map updates is...mmmmm.....carry the one......about SEVEN HUNDERD PERCENT. Outrageous.

And wait......if it ever fails after warranty, that's ANOTHER $700 to replace it because nobody really fixes them when they go out.

Edited by Easy Rider

For $700, it's a rip-off. That's my point. It's not even that good compared to portable units or google maps as found on my phone. Map updates should be free. I had some level of expectation that with a $700 price tag, it would be at least as good as current portable units. I have an 8 year old Mio GPS that has a better UI.

Hey Bryan,

Your vehicle was installed with the most up-to-date maps that were available at the time the vehicle was built. Although some of the newer models are coming off the lot with A5 cards, it is not mandatory to update to this version. Since some forum members were questioning if this update was legitimate, I just wanted to let everyone know that the A5 card is compatible with MyFord Touch systems and can be ordered through Ford dealerships. If I receive information on when this will be available from: www.Navigation.com I'll let everyone know.

The best website I can recommend to post your product suggestion is: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to post your idea there.

Kim

Hey Bryan,

Your vehicle was installed with the most up-to-date maps that were available at the time the vehicle was built. Although some of the newer models are coming off the lot with A5 cards, it is not mandatory to update to this version. Since some forum members were questioning if this update was legitimate, I just wanted to let everyone know that the A5 card is compatible with MyFord Touch systems and can be ordered through Ford dealerships. If I receive information on when this will be available from: www.Navigation.com I'll let everyone know.

The best website I can recommend to post your product suggestion is: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to post your idea there.

Kim

Thanks for the response Kim. I just tried to register so I could post my idea. I tried using my Facebook account to log in and it failed to let me register. I was in some sort of loop, getting the same "we need just a little more info" page. Ironic, huh?

When I bought my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid it came with an old maps. About a month later the new version came out (this is when it was still DVD's) I contacted Ford Corporate and raised a stink how I paid $900+ for a out of date NAV system. They sent me the update for free. Worth a shot.