IraF

Navigation Map A5

Personally I don't trust software off of ebay. It is too easy for crooks to counterfeit/fake software and packaging. If it were available from the NAVTEQ folks, I think we would know by now. Beware!

Hey everyone,

I recieved information about the A5 cards this morning. I can now confirm that the A5 SD card is a legitimate Ford map card. It is backwards compatible with all MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch vehicles (if they are equipped with navigation). This means that it will work even if you haven't updated your software to V3.6.2 yet (which I recommend doing) ;). This is not currently available at: www.Navigation.com for purchase. From my understanding, you should be seeing this update available on their website later this year. For now, the best way to order is through your Ford dealership. This will most likely have a cost associated with it, but I recommend checking with your dealer for pricing information.

Kim

Here is the result from fordparts.com when searching on part # EM5Z19H449AA

Item Description Fulfillment Price Per Item Quantity Subtotal

CARD - MEMORY
Part #: EM5Z19H449AA
Pack Qty: 1 Shippable $141.91

Edited by jeff_h

$119 is far less expensive than $199 that you will see it for the map update, the question is, is it worth it?

Why would I have to pay for this? Kim, what you are saying to me is that even though I just bought my '14 Fusion Titanium in February it has out of date maps. That was $700 I just forked over for that option. This really stinks.

DEAR IVT: Please quit selling this crap product and integrate Google maps into your vehicles. Or at least release a MFT SDK so I can do it for everyone here.

For $700, it's a rip-off. That's my point. It's not even that good compared to portable units or google maps as found on my phone. Map updates should be free. I had some level of expectation that with a $700 price tag, it would be at least as good as current portable units. I have an 8 year old Mio GPS that has a better UI.

Why would I have to pay for this? Kim, what you are saying to me is that even though I just bought my '14 Fusion Titanium in February it has out of date maps. That was $700 I just forked over for that option. This really stinks.

DEAR IVT: Please quit selling this crap product and integrate Google maps into your vehicles. Or at least release a MFT SDK so I can do it for everyone here.

Hey Bryan,

Your vehicle was installed with the most up-to-date maps that were available at the time the vehicle was built. Although some of the newer models are coming off the lot with A5 cards, it is not mandatory to update to this version. Since some forum members were questioning if this update was legitimate, I just wanted to let everyone know that the A5 card is compatible with MyFord Touch systems and can be ordered through Ford dealerships. If I receive information on when this will be available from: www.Navigation.com I'll let everyone know.

The best website I can recommend to post your product suggestion is: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to post your idea there.

Kim

Hey Bryan,

Your vehicle was installed with the most up-to-date maps that were available at the time the vehicle was built. Although some of the newer models are coming off the lot with A5 cards, it is not mandatory to update to this version. Since some forum members were questioning if this update was legitimate, I just wanted to let everyone know that the A5 card is compatible with MyFord Touch systems and can be ordered through Ford dealerships. If I receive information on when this will be available from: www.Navigation.com I'll let everyone know.

The best website I can recommend to post your product suggestion is: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to post your idea there.

Kim

Thanks for the response Kim. I just tried to register so I could post my idea. I tried using my Facebook account to log in and it failed to let me register. I was in some sort of loop, getting the same "we need just a little more info" page. Ironic, huh?

When I bought my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid it came with an old maps. About a month later the new version came out (this is when it was still DVD's) I contacted Ford Corporate and raised a stink how I paid $900+ for a out of date NAV system. They sent me the update for free. Worth a shot.