jsolan

Dripping Water

The past few weeks I've occasionally noticed my '13 HyTi dripping water (I think it's water) from underneath the trunk. The location is right about even to where the fuel door is and center/slightly left if behind the vehicle.

I've checked a few times and it doesn't smell like gas.

I don't see or smell anything leaking from the trunk (I keep washer fluid and a liquid soap back there).

I haven't used the climate control at all, so I'm pretty sure it's not any kind of condensation either.

Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas of what it could be?

My only guess at this point is that something is retaining water after it rains.

The past few weeks I've occasionally noticed my '13 HyTi dripping water (I think it's water) from underneath the trunk. The location is right about even to where the fuel door is and center/slightly left if behind the vehicle.

I've checked a few times and it doesn't smell like gas.

I don't see or smell anything leaking from the trunk (I keep washer fluid and a liquid soap back there).

I haven't used the climate control at all, so I'm pretty sure it's not any kind of condensation either.

My only guess at this point is that something is retaining water after it rains.

I feel like we've seen water dripping there too after washing the car or after driving in the rain. There must be a drainage channel in that area. Perhaps Ashley can get more information about that.

Is your car parked outside? Mine is and usually every morning there is water on the ground that I associate with either the dew in the air or frost or snow that melts and drips out there. Neighbour's car does the same thing and she has a Malibu. There likely is a channel there somewhere and maybe it has to do with the fuel filler pipe and condensation on that? It's always on that side. It isn't oil or fuel, that would leave a mark on the driveway.

The past few weeks I've occasionally noticed my '13 HyTi dripping water (I think it's water) from underneath the trunk. The location is right about even to where the fuel door is and center/slightly left if behind the vehicle. ...

jsolan,

There's a good chance this is just the normal path water takes when running off your car. If you're worried about it, though, I recommend swinging by your dealer and having them take a look. If you decide to go that route, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll lend a hand.

Ashley

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it for a while. I normally keep it in my garage, but the first time I noticed it I had parked it along the street. I drove to the bank about 2 miles away and when I came out of the bank I noticed the dripping. It hadn't rained in 2 days and I hadn't washed my car recently so I was confused. After noticing it once, I now notice it quite often, but it's been so rainy the past week or so that I don't have a good baseline.

Do you have a sunroof? The drains lead to the rear of the car. There are also drains from the lip behind the rear glass under the trunk lid for that to drain as well.

Your exhaust has weep holes in them also, any extended idling can cause a puddle under the let me guess, rear right side? I had to wait about a half hour in a parking lot yesterday not turning off car and got the same result.

Noticed this the other day, it's on the Driver side rear for me...(less than 2500 miles)

Edited by 15TiHyMagnetic

Noticed this the other day, it's on the Driver side rear for me...(less than 2500 miles)

Have you or your dealer been able to determine if this is from normal condensation or drainage? I can check out some additional assistance, just send over your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Edited by FordService