GrySql

Nav In-Dash cluster does not work correctly, POI's

Kim,

It may be time for you to take notes to keep track of these issues. You and also communicated about this dome time ago. Had it since day one.

I also have had this issue since day one, it has never worked, and my dealer didn't know what to make of it.

I also have had this issue since day one, it has never worked, and my dealer didn't know what to make of it.

This is the basic problem with today's cars and dealers. There is no incentive for the dealer to get all of their mechanics trained to be experts in the systems in the car. All most of them know how to do is pull trouble codes and then call the Ford hotline for detailed instructions in what to do. To get paid for warranty work it has to be pre-approved by Ford. The time allotted to complete a repair seems to be set for an expert on the car, not what it is really going to take. This takes time away from projects that they really are experts at like changing oil every 3000 miles when it is not necessary.

This is the basic problem with today's cars and dealers. There is no incentive for the dealer to get all of their mechanics trained to be experts in the systems in the car. All most of them know how to do is pull trouble codes and then call the Ford hotline for detailed instructions in what to do. To get paid for warranty work it has to be pre-approved by Ford. The time allotted to complete a repair seems to be set for an expert on the car, not what it is really going to take. This takes time away from projects that they really are experts at like changing oil every 3000 miles when it is not necessary.

But then some people seem to expect the dealers to re-write software code. With a problem like the one in this thread, there really is nothing a dealer can do, other than report it back to Ford.

Here is an example of just how complex these cars can be. I brought my T in on Saturday to have the oil changed, tires rotated, and the Ambient lighting updated. They had the oil and tires done in 30 minutes, took them 2 more hours to try to update the modules, but neither of their laptops would communicate with the specific modules.

It doesn't matter how well trained the tech is if the tools they have don't work. They only allocate .3 hours warranty for this, and the dealer has to pay the tech for the 2 hours he spent trying to talk to the car. They have another tech who is really good at making these work, but he doesn't work weekends(gee wonder why), so I have to bring it back for him to try it.

Can't wait to see how long it takes to do all the other recall work on the Fusion, considering how long it took them on the T and didn't get it done.

Hey everybody,

I do recall speaking to many of you about this concern in the past. Since this does not occur on all MyFord Touch systems, I prefer I gather as much information as possible every time it is reported.

If certain features in your right cluster can't be controlled with the steering wheel buttons, check to make sure your software is up to date by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com
If the latest software has been installed and there are still issues with the cluster, I recommend having the dealership take a look at your system. Unfortunately, this can’t be resolved with the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer here.

Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN and some details about what’s happening and I can let you know which options are available. I’ll also be able to check if your software is up to date.

Kim

Has anyone reported this to be working 100%?

I ask, because I don't recall ANYONE stating it positively works. I may be wrong.

Hey everybody,

I do recall speaking to many of you about this concern in the past. Since this does not occur on all MyFord Touch systems, I prefer I gather as much information as possible every time it is reported.

If certain features in your right cluster can't be controlled with the steering wheel buttons, check to make sure your software is up to date by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com

If the latest software has been installed and there are still issues with the cluster, I recommend having the dealership take a look at your system. Unfortunately, this can’t be resolved with the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer here.

Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN and some details about what’s happening and I can let you know which options are available. I’ll also be able to check if your software is up to date.

Kim

I checked my software level this morning, and it is current.

My dealer did whatever they were told by Ford to do, but these efforts did not improve the problem.

As I've said previously, when I bought the car, it arrived with this issue, so this isn't an issue that used to work and now it doesn't.

I've previously sent Kim a PM with my VIN and details.

If anyone has any success in getting this function working, please share with us all.

Thanks everyone.

It just appears Ford has other issues they feel are more pressing then fixing something that is an issue in over 90% of the cars. Say like maybe producing an update that applies to MY 14 and newer. So, using this as a baseline, MY14 and new will probably see a fix waayyy before any MY13 cars get it, if we get it at all.

As for dealers writing code, some of them can not even change oil correctly, correctly diagnose a Sync issue, or use a laptop to turn on DRLs. It's like the monkey and the football analogy. Sometimes, depending on the dealer, they can't even do that right.

It's just frustrating to spend the money we have on a vehicle and not have everything working correctly. It's like all overseas tech support. They run the checklist and really don't fix anything. All you get is a corporate run around.

Edited by Sleddog

So far no reports of this function working in anyone's car?

People with fully functioning systems are not very likely to look in this thread.

I think mine is functioning correctly, but the voice command system is so stupid that I rely on my phone and send to car instead of using the in dash nav system.

I think mine is functioning correctly

I bet you haven't really used this feature. I'm not so sure I'd use it if it did work, but mine doesn't for sure. I agree with Sleddog - it's just annoying that it's there and it doesn't function as it should.

So far no reports of this function working in anyone's car?

I don't use POIs. I went to the garage and browsed through all kinds of POIs in the right dash screen. When I select one it sets up a route to get me there.

I have had 4 Fords with MFT and the right dash screen. None of them worked properly. 2 Fusions, a flex and the MKT. it "sort" of works, if you keep trying eventually it will bring something up.

Not about to try, but I doubt it, would have heard something by now.

The 3.7 update doesn't update the cluster software, so not likely to help.

I have a 2013 Job 1 and POIs don't work if I use the right D-pad on the steering wheel. They work fine from the touch screen.

It's not just POI - I can't navigate to "My Home" either (but going to Favourites will work).

I have a 2013 Job 1 and POIs don't work if I use the right D-pad on the steering wheel. They work fine from the touch screen.

It's not just POI - I can't navigate to "My Home" either (but going to Favourites will work).

Must be something they "fixed" for 2014 (maybe job 2 2013?) and up. I can confirm the "My Home" and other features on the dash work. The POI's are the only ones that you have to try more than once to get them to display.