Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Nav In-Dash cluster does not work correctly, POI's

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 170 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Add me to the list with this problem. I can't even select Home, it just goes back to the beginning.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 308 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Add me to the list with this problem. I can't even select Home, it just goes back to the beginning.

Hi Barsoom,

Log into your account at: www.Support.Ford.com to make sure the latest software has been installed. Did you just notice this issue, or has this been happening since you purchased the vehicle?

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#43 OFFLINE   gmarshall

gmarshall

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2018 White Gold FFH Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Kim,

This is a known problem that many of us have had since day one and the latest software update does nothing to correct this issue.  If you could put a bug into someone's ear there at Ford and remind them that this problem still exists and would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed. It does work on the other Ford and Lincoln vehicles but does not work correctly on the Fusion models.

Thanks,

Gary  

#44 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 170 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

I noticed it early on, but thought nothing of it. I recently started playing with the dashboard screens and was reminded of it. I usually use the MyFordTouch screen.

#45 OFFLINE   JimArch

JimArch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE, Oxford White, Dune leather, MFT, Rear Cam, Moonroof, Navigation

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Kim,
     This is a known problem that many of us have had since day one and the latest software update does nothing to correct this issue.  If you could put a bug into someone's ear there at Ford and remind them that this problem still exists and would be greatly appreciated if this could be fixed. It does work on the other Ford and Lincoln vehicles but does not work correctly on the Fusion models.
Thanks,
Gary

Kim,

You and I were communicating on this issue back in January, so this one should not be considered a new problem.

Thanks.

#46 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

I haven't looked at my dash screen for some time but a few months ago I had the FCIM software update that fixed my A/C button, now when the light is out the A/C is actually off.

Thinking about the FCIM update I just tried the right dash screen's POI functions.

It takes about 4-5 right clicks but eventually I get the local Fuel, Food, etc. data and locations, the last line says to see the MFT screen for more choices and of course they are present on the touch screen.

Before the FCIM update no matter how many tries the POI's would never advance to actual locations.

After the FCIM update it takes several tries but eventually there is data on the screen.

Now the problem is to get a Dealer to actually do the FCIM update, Gkinla is having some trouble with that.

• gkinla likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#47 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

The POI issue is not just with the Fusion, the Flex and MKT have the same issue. I could keep hitting the button and eventually get some POI with the right screen in all 3 cars, including the Fusion prior to the FCIM update. I so seldom use it though that I forgot about this bug. I do believe its a timing issue, the nav is expecting something and not getting it in time from the dash. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#48 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

It works rarely in the Focus Electric as well. It's not just a Fusion issue.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#49 OFFLINE   Sleddog

Sleddog

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 421 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid in Ice Storm. 2009 Focus, 2006 F150, 2001 Focus (retired with 361,318 miles), 1994 F150 Flarside

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Kim,

It may be time for you to take notes to keep track of these issues. You and also communicated about this dome time ago. Had it since day one.

#50 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Has anyone reported this to be working 100%?

244968.png

#51 OFFLINE   JimArch

JimArch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 96 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE, Oxford White, Dune leather, MFT, Rear Cam, Moonroof, Navigation

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Kim,
It may be time for you to take notes to keep track of these issues. You and also communicated about this dome time ago. Had it since day one.

I also have had this issue since day one, it has never worked, and my dealer didn't know what to make of it.

#52 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:35 AM

I also have had this issue since day one, it has never worked, and my dealer didn't know what to make of it.

This is the basic problem with today's cars and dealers.  There is no incentive for the dealer to get all of their mechanics trained to be experts in the systems in the car.  All most of them know how to do is pull trouble codes and then call the Ford hotline for detailed instructions in what to do.  To get paid for warranty work it has to be pre-approved by Ford.  The time allotted to complete a repair seems to be set for an expert on the car, not what it is really going to take.  This takes time away from projects that they really are experts at like changing oil every 3000 miles when it is not necessary.

• hybridbear, JimArch and corncobs like this

#53 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

This is the basic problem with today's cars and dealers.  There is no incentive for the dealer to get all of their mechanics trained to be experts in the systems in the car.  All most of them know how to do is pull trouble codes and then call the Ford hotline for detailed instructions in what to do.  To get paid for warranty work it has to be pre-approved by Ford.  The time allotted to complete a repair seems to be set for an expert on the car, not what it is really going to take.  This takes time away from projects that they really are experts at like changing oil every 3000 miles when it is not necessary.

But then some people seem to expect the dealers to re-write software code.  With a problem like the one in this thread, there really is nothing a dealer can do, other than report it back to Ford.

• JimArch likes this

#54 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

Here is an example of just how complex these cars can be. I brought my T in on Saturday to have the oil changed, tires rotated, and the Ambient lighting updated. They had the oil and tires done in 30 minutes, took them 2 more hours to try to update the modules, but neither of their laptops would communicate with the specific modules. 

It doesn't matter how well trained the tech is if the tools they have don't work. They only allocate .3 hours warranty for this, and the dealer has to pay the tech for the 2 hours he spent trying to talk to the car. They have another tech who is really good at making these work, but he doesn't work weekends(gee wonder why), so I have to bring it back for him to try it. 

Can't wait to see how long it takes to do all the other recall work on the Fusion, considering how long it took them on the T and didn't get it done. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#55 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 308 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hey everybody,

I do recall speaking to many of you about this concern in the past. Since this does not occur on all MyFord Touch systems, I prefer I gather as much information as possible every time it is reported.

If certain features in your right cluster can't be controlled with the steering wheel buttons, check to make sure your software is up to date by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com
If the latest software has been installed and there are still issues with the cluster, I recommend having the dealership take a look at your system. Unfortunately, this can’t be resolved with the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer here.

Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN and some details about what’s happening and I can let you know which options are available. I’ll also be able to check if your software is up to date.

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#56 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Has anyone reported this to be working 100%?

I ask, because I don't recall ANYONE stating it positively works. I may be wrong.
  • JimArch likes this

244968.png

#57 OFFLINE   JimArch

JimArch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

Hey everybody,
I do recall speaking to many of you about this concern in the past. Since this does not occur on all MyFord Touch systems, I prefer I gather as much information as possible every time it is reported.

If certain features in your right cluster can't be controlled with the steering wheel buttons, check to make sure your software is up to date by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com
If the latest software has been installed and there are still issues with the cluster, I recommend having the dealership take a look at your system. Unfortunately, this can’t be resolved with the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer here.

Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN and some details about what’s happening and I can let you know which options are available. I’ll also be able to check if your software is up to date.
Kim

I checked my software level this morning, and it is current.
My dealer did whatever they were told by Ford to do, but these efforts did not improve the problem.
As I've said previously, when I bought the car, it arrived with this issue, so this isn't an issue that used to work and now it doesn't.
I've previously sent Kim a PM with my VIN and details.
If anyone has any success in getting this function working, please share with us all.
Thanks everyone.

#58 OFFLINE   Sleddog

Sleddog

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 421 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid in Ice Storm. 2009 Focus, 2006 F150, 2001 Focus (retired with 361,318 miles), 1994 F150 Flarside

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

It just appears Ford has other issues they feel are more pressing then fixing something that is an issue in over 90% of the cars. Say like maybe producing an update that applies to MY 14 and newer. So, using this as a baseline, MY14 and new will probably see a fix waayyy before any MY13 cars get it, if we get it at all.

As for dealers writing code, some of them can not even change oil correctly, correctly diagnose a Sync issue, or use a laptop to turn on DRLs. It's like the monkey and the football analogy. Sometimes, depending on the dealer, they can't even do that right.

It's just frustrating to spend the money we have on a vehicle and not have everything working correctly. It's like all overseas tech support. They run the checklist and really don't fix anything. All you get is a corporate run around.

Edited by Sleddog, 14 October 2014 - 09:43 AM.

• hybridbear and JimArch like this

#59 OFFLINE   JimArch

JimArch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

So far no reports of this function working in anyone's car?

#60 OFFLINE   Griswald

Griswald

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 297 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:59 AM

So far no reports of this function working in anyone's car?

People with fully functioning systems are not very likely to look in this thread.

I think mine is functioning correctly, but the voice command system is so stupid that I rely on my phone and send to car instead of using the in dash nav system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·