GrySql

Nav In-Dash cluster does not work correctly, POI's

I will give it a try in the MKT tomorrow when out and about and see if it does the same thing.

Well, well, well. Now we have another conundrum. Why do the POI functions work first time, every time for ALL POI categories in our MKZh, but NOT our FFH? I just tested the FFH, and sure enough, it acts just like all of yours. It takes several attempts to bring up Fuel Stations, Restaurants, etc, except Financial, for which it refuses to list POIs! :detective:

Just finishing up at the dealer for a 10000 mile check. They said I had the nav set to recent instead of current and that's why my right screen POI did not work. I'll be checking that once I get the car back and will update this post,

Update: it appears the sync tech misunderstand the issue. I showed it to him. His answer "that's strange". It even worked once. And only once. He says he will have to call the tech line for an answer.

Oh Kim! I had an open case for this. How about pushing the buttons you can push to get this fixed. I'm getting a little tired of traveling 80 miles round trip to get work done that does not fix anything.

Hey Sleddog,

That's what I'm here for! ;) Please send a PM with your updated mileage (I already have your other info)? I'll be happy to take a look at your account tomorrow.

Kim

Got call from Jean at CS. We discussed my options for dealer support. The dealer I've been going to is 40 miles away. The dealer near were I work is now a certified Ford electrical vehicle service center. My only problem with them is they will leave boot marks all the interior if they need to crawl around to access anything under the dash. But they have got to be better than morons that have been doing my service. So we'll see what happens.

I'm glad to hear that you received the call. Send me a PM if anything changes and I'll update the notes of your case.

Kim

Add me to the list with this problem. I can't even select Home, it just goes back to the beginning.

Hi Barsoom,

Log into your account at: www.Support.Ford.com to make sure the latest software has been installed. Did you just notice this issue, or has this been happening since you purchased the vehicle?

Kim

The POI issue is not just with the Fusion, the Flex and MKT have the same issue. I could keep hitting the button and eventually get some POI with the right screen in all 3 cars, including the Fusion prior to the FCIM update. I so seldom use it though that I forgot about this bug. I do believe its a timing issue, the nav is expecting something and not getting it in time from the dash.