GrySql

Nav In-Dash cluster does not work correctly, POI's

I thought I'd start a separate Topic so it can be searched and noticed.

This has been discussed here quite a bit.

Many of us that have MFT Nav cannot use the POI function from the steering wheel controls.

Destinations work okay and some cars can use the POI.

Seems like early 2013 models are affected most.

Maybe one of our Ford Rep's would like to comment.

Hi GrySql,

I recall verifying that you're already running V3.6.2 in a previous conversation, so I know you're up-to-date on software. Have you already brought this to your dealership's attention?

Kim

Okay, I fibbed in the other thread. I do have one thing that does not work first time every time on the right display... the darn BT Streaming Audio lack of Title and Artist. At least we all have that issue. :)

Mine also will show the POI choices such as "Fuel Station", "Restaurants", "Financial", ETC ETC ETC but when I select one of these it returns no results, does your return results after selecting one of these choices?

This is what most of us see. Select a POI and it returns to the main menu, never do see any results except when using the main screen. If there are some updates, would be nice to have them done so everything works as designed.

Waldo, do you know if they resolved the AC issue? When you turn it off, it doesn't turn off.

Hello GrySql, JimArch, and acdii.

First, make sure your MyFord Touch software is up-to-date. You can check this by pressing: the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number should say 13171 if it has been updated. Once you’ve confirmed that the latest software has been installed, I recommend performing a master reset: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch Test the POI function in the right instrument cluster by using the steering wheel controls. After selecting the POI function, you should see a list of categories such as fuel stations, restaurants, etc. Select a category to see a list of nearby points of interest in that category.

If you select the POI category and it still returns to the main screen, like acdii mentioned, this is not normal. This will need to be addressed by your dealership.

Kim,
I have the same problem since day one on my car and have brought this to the attention of my dealer on every visit and I even have a case # 3787393 started on this problem and have had several phone conversations with Rory a Ford CSM and to date still do not have this problem fixed. I have not heard anything back from anyone on this issue for the last couple of months. Since most people are having this same issue with the POI function from the right instrument cluster not working correctly that Ford would be working on solving this issue, but instead choose to just ignore it and hope we go away.
Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I do recall creating this case. I’m going to take a look at your account and respond via PM. Please keep an eye out for my message. To answer your question about updating the software of the right cluster, I am only able to confirm that the software can't be updated from: www.Support.Ford.com Your dealership will have more information about this.

Okay, I fibbed in the other thread. I do have one thing that does not work first time every time on the right display... the darn BT Streaming Audio lack of Title and Artist. At least we all have that issue. :)

Hi SteveB_TX,

Just to clarify, does the audio information normally appear on your MyFord Touch system while streaming music via Bluetooth audio?

I checked the Navigation > POIs Nearby on the dash and it brought up a bunch of POIs.
I guess since my FFH is relatively new, it's working.
Happy to provide more info if anyone wants.

Thanks for checking, 2014FordFusionSE. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the feature.

So the question is:
Will all Dealers be willing to update the cluster, center stack and other system revisions for us common folk, or do just certain people have access to this newer technology.
Gmarshall is already getting the runaround from the Dealer and his CSM, neither can answer his questions.
How do we get this done?

If you run into any trouble getting this resolved at your dealership, feel free to send me a PM and I’ll see how to best assist.

Kim

Well I know my MFT is up to date, but I also know that the AC does not turn off like it should, so I will add it to my chit list for when it goes in at the 25K service. I dont use the POI much, but would be nice to have it actually working. June 4th is my one year mark with the car with 3 miles on the clock, I might just schedule it for that day, and get her some new shoes in the process. Getting tired of the thumping tires.

Kim, thank you for the advice.

After seeing IraF's response I think I'll wait for better odds before I waste my time.

You're welcome. The offer still stands. Just send me a PM if you change your mind. :)

Kim

OK I can confirm POI does work on the right dash eventually for fuel stations. Looks to me there is a bus timeout issue. The Nav takes a while to list the POI nearby, and the right dash times out before it can pull them up, which is why retrying multiple times works. Simple fix on Fords part, if they bother.