GrySql

Nav In-Dash cluster does not work correctly, POI's

Here is an example of just how complex these cars can be. I brought my T in on Saturday to have the oil changed, tires rotated, and the Ambient lighting updated. They had the oil and tires done in 30 minutes, took them 2 more hours to try to update the modules, but neither of their laptops would communicate with the specific modules.

It doesn't matter how well trained the tech is if the tools they have don't work. They only allocate .3 hours warranty for this, and the dealer has to pay the tech for the 2 hours he spent trying to talk to the car. They have another tech who is really good at making these work, but he doesn't work weekends(gee wonder why), so I have to bring it back for him to try it.

Can't wait to see how long it takes to do all the other recall work on the Fusion, considering how long it took them on the T and didn't get it done.

Hey everybody,

I do recall speaking to many of you about this concern in the past. Since this does not occur on all MyFord Touch systems, I prefer I gather as much information as possible every time it is reported.

If certain features in your right cluster can't be controlled with the steering wheel buttons, check to make sure your software is up to date by logging in at: www.Support.Ford.com
If the latest software has been installed and there are still issues with the cluster, I recommend having the dealership take a look at your system. Unfortunately, this can’t be resolved with the basic troubleshooting steps I am able to offer here.

Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN and some details about what’s happening and I can let you know which options are available. I’ll also be able to check if your software is up to date.

Kim

Has anyone reported this to be working 100%?

I ask, because I don't recall ANYONE stating it positively works. I may be wrong.

I think mine is functioning correctly

I bet you haven't really used this feature. I'm not so sure I'd use it if it did work, but mine doesn't for sure. I agree with Sleddog - it's just annoying that it's there and it doesn't function as it should.

I have had 4 Fords with MFT and the right dash screen. None of them worked properly. 2 Fusions, a flex and the MKT. it "sort" of works, if you keep trying eventually it will bring something up.

Not about to try, but I doubt it, would have heard something by now.