Sign in to follow this  
Carol S.

Do you have a spare?

I haven't taken the plunge yet - but I will. Our Canadian dollar, plus the high profit margins of my local Ford dealer have me seriously considering buying it in the US and having it shipped to a friend there. I'm just trying to figure out when and if we can actually do that and the logistics of it all. Just for the rim, the foam piece and the wrench and the jack, it's $500 here versus $245 in the US. Shipping and the dollar difference (10%) still bring it up to around $300 and that savings would more than cover the cost of gas, and tolls along with the food stops along the way to Wilmington. ;)

Perhaps you ought to read this about a donut spare for the 18" wheel:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6818-spare-tire-for-ffh-with-18-wheelstires/

In addition, it has been determined by other members that a standard sized donut Fusion Spare from a 2013 will work just fine for a FFH in an emergency.

I did this for a total of $200

Yes I have a spare. I run a little higher air pressure and wanted to be prepared in the event of a flat. I doubt I will need it but feel better for the $145 I spent on eBay on the tire, wheel and jack. The FFH forum was a tremendous amount of help researching tire sizes and how to store the jack. And yes the spare fits in the spare tire compartment.

I made a trip on half of Route 66 last summer, and did not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without a spare. I spent just over $200 using the tips provide here and slept better at night.

My flat tire/blow out experience is that there is generally not enough tire left to patch and fill, so I too bought an unused Focus spare at a local junk yard for $50. and a jack on ebay for $45. It all fits in the trunk where it's supposed to be. Now if I could only find those little marks on the bottom of the frame to place the jack on........