Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Fusion Rattle

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

Just like others have posted here, I just developed what I call a creaking noise coming from the passenger side rear. It started a few weeks ago and progressively got worse. At first, I only heard it going slowly in reverse but now I hear it going slowly forwards and over bumps. My first attempt to take it in produced the famous "can't reproduce customer's concern". A few days later, I realized why, it was raining that day and the suspension was lubed from the street water. Now I can reproduce the noise by pushing down on the rear of the car when it's dry outside.

I took the car back in yesterday morning with a better description on how to re-create the noise. A few minutes ago, the SA called for me to pickup my car. They replaced both sway bar bushings and they say they can't hear the creaking now. We'll see in a few hours when I pick the vehicle up. Of course this happened just past the 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty but luckily I purchased the 84 month, 125,000 mile ESP from my dealer at Flood Fords price.

Edited by thavil, 16 April 2015 - 03:45 PM.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Just like others have posted here, I just developed what I call a creaking noise coming from the passenger side rear. It started a few weeks ago and progressively got worse. At first, I only heard it going slowly in reverse but now I hear it going slowly forwards and over bumps. My first attempt to take it in produced the famous "can't reproduce customer's concern". A few days later, I realized why, it was raining that day and the suspension was lubed from the street water. Now I can reproduce the noise by pushing down on the rear of the car when it's dry outside.

I took the car back in yesterday morning with a better description on how to re-create the noise. A few minutes ago, the SA called for me to pickup my car. They replaced the strut bushings on both sides and they say they can't hear the creaking now. We'll see in a few hours when I pick the vehicle up. Of course this happened just past the 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty but luckily I purchased the 84 month, 125,000 mile ESP from my dealer at Flood Fords price.

Do you know what the cost would have been without the ESP?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#23 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

Do you know what the cost would have been without the ESP?

Sorry I don't know what the cost would have been, my paperwork didn't say. Also, I just edited my post to say both sway bar bushings instead of strut bushings. During my ride home, no creaking at all.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#24 OFFLINE   klatoo

klatoo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH Titanium

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

my 2013 FFH TI has a rattle as well,  on any road, sitting still, driving, parked etc etc.  I have it narrowed down to static from a speaker I think..after vacation I'll take it in.

Power on in the car, sitting the garage, sounds like two small metal sticks hitting each other, louder with seats down.  Power off, no sound at all.  Has to be rear speakers or amp...can't think of anything else that would be making noise back there with power on while sitting still.  I can drown out the noise with radio turned up however.

"Yo homie....that my briefcase?"

241799.png

#25 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,508 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Verify that the rubber tube on the torsion bars that support the trunk lid are centered so the bars can't touch each other or the underside of the rear shelf.

• hybridbear and Hybrider like this

#26 OFFLINE   LadyDi

LadyDi

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Red Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

My trunk lid squeaks badly when opening but also when I'm driving the car and going through some bumps I hear some rattling.  Taking it in today.  

219170.png

#27 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

I don't have any rattles but my trunk does creak when I open it which you guys are implying is connected. 

Is there a TSB for this? 

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#28 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,508 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

I don't have any rattles but my trunk does creak when I open it which you guys are implying is connected. 

Is there a TSB for this? 

Verify that the rubber sleeve that is on the torsion bars is centered so the bars can't touch each other or the underside of the package shelf.

#29 OFFLINE   forace2015

forace2015

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

I have a 2015 FFH with 25000+ miles on it. Love the car but it sounds like I have run over a stick or limb with leaves on it and it is fluttering as I drive.  I have put it on a lift and touched everything I can see but I cannot find the sound or where it is coming from; very annoying. All of the underneath covers, covering the frame and electrical wireing are paper feeling and have a lot of movement with them. some I have taken a nut and washer and put on the bolts that they cover and pulled it up some but even that does not help.

Any Ideas???  PLease?

#30 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I have a 2015 FFH with 25000+ miles on it. Love the car but it sounds like I have run over a stick or limb with leaves on it and it is fluttering as I drive.  I have put it on a lift and touched everything I can see but I cannot find the sound or where it is coming from; very annoying. All of the underneath covers, covering the frame and electrical wireing are paper feeling and have a lot of movement with them. some I have taken a nut and washer and put on the bolts that they cover and pulled it up some but even that does not help.

Any Ideas???  PLease?

maybe this?

http://fordfusionhyb...speed/?p=103074

• forace2015 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·