vangonebuy

Consumer Reports response on My Ford Touch

Well it looks like we have another case of crazy Ford logic or I'm blind. If you have it on your MKZ and acdii on his HyTi.

I for sure don't see a button or a page 2 on my MFT?8E6E8B32-943A-47EC-A298-898A38DD7E73_zps

Do you not have the nav system? If you don't have nav, you won't have that option. I see in your pic you do not have the Reset Clock to GPS Time setting below the Clock Format setting. No GPS = No Auto Time Zone Update. :)

After researching the wiring diagrams, there is one GPS module per vehicle, located above the steering column in the dash. My guess would be that if you have NAV, you get the extra GPS options.

First off, I am and always have been a huge Ford fan, I am not a fan of CR, never have been, BUT, I have to agree with CR on this one; I bought a 2012 focus and decided not to get a MFD because of my experience with my mom's 2010 FFH, it's was just horrible. I recently bought a slightly used 2013 FFH ( with My ford touch and navigation) and I absolutely love this car; everything that is, except the MFD, it is absolutely maddening much of the time, I just can't understand how that with all the updates that this system has had, that it is still so horrible and that Ford has stuck with the crappy system. My $130.00 Garmin voice activated GPS works so much better, and I have never read the instructions for the Garmin. Common sense should have told Ford to have all the primary HVAC and radio controls should be as simple as possible and with nobs and buttons, the MFD should only be needed for more in depth adjustments and preferences. The primary function of the MFD should be to display the information and as the back-up camera display and of course the navigation.

Like I said from the beginning, I love Ford and I adore my FFH, but Ford deserves 100% of the criticism that they have received for crappy system and I hope that the present owners will continue to get updates that will hopefully make this system somewhat acceptable in the future.

First off, I am and always have been a huge Ford fan, I am not a fan of CR, never have been, BUT, I have to agree with CR on this one; I bought a 2012 focus and decided not to get a MFD because of my experience with my mom's 2010 FFH, it's was just horrible. I recently bought a slightly used 2013 FFH ( with My ford touch and navigation) and I absolutely love this car; everything that is, except the MFD, it is absolutely maddening much of the time, I just can't understand how that with all the updates that this system has had, that it is still so horrible and that Ford has stuck with the crappy system. My $130.00 Garmin voice activated GPS works so much better, and I have never read the instructions for the Garmin. Common sense should have told Ford to have all the primary HVAC and radio controls should be as simple as possible and with nobs and buttons, the MFD should only be needed for more in depth adjustments and preferences. The primary function of the MFD should be to display the information and as the back-up camera display and of course the navigation.

Like I said from the beginning, I love Ford and I adore my FFH, but Ford deserves 100% of the criticism that they have received for crappy system and I hope that the present owners will continue to get updates that will hopefully make this system somewhat acceptable in the future.

OK.....

Has it rebooted often, or is it a big problem with its design?

Has any parts been replaced?

Really interested.

I did find this video from CReports.

But it's based on a 2011 car. It's dated March 2012. Before the 2012 cars came out.

They like the upgrade. Why no improvement in review by 2014?

In my 2013 FFH I have not experienced a single mechanical problem with the MFD or any lock-ups, my issues are with the maddening voice interface , thus forcing me to take my eyes off the road to focus on a touch screen to find the exact place to touch. On my 2012 Focus SFE with the non-MFD Sync system, the system has locked up on many occasions, but has not required any replacement parts.

Yep. Once you have the time set correctly, it will update up or down one hour as you cross each time zone. I went to Toledo a few weeks back and watched it happen.

I tried the sync services today. I sent a route from my Lincoln App to my MKT, and it worked. The destination though, was not were I had selected on the app map, I already knew where I was going, but wanted to try it out. Really easy to use, and much quicker than trying to use the nav interface.

No, there seems to be a lot of Ford fans who don't want to admit the truth. Ford reliability was world class a few years ago and now it isn't. That has nothing to do with CR bias, there are plenty of other sources that confirm this.

If I remember right, Waldo bought his FFH not very long ago after being a forum member for a long time. Similarly, I've been researching FFHs for a long time, soaking up information here and will be arranging my first test drive this week. Waldo appears to be a solid Ford fan but is also objective and able to see the good along with the glaring mistakes and stumbles. I admire that and I'm glad Waldo is here to add some much needed objectivity and balance. :worship: