Ram

What is anyone using for steering wheel cover?

On my previous cars I've always wanted to have a better grip onto the steering wheel. Finding my '14 FFH has the slickest wheel of all.

Anyone using a leather cover or the snapon's like a bicycle tire?

Have never used a steering wheel cover. I find that they make the wheel more slippery. Is your steering wheel leather-wrapped?

Ram - Rather than a steering wheel cover, have you considered a good pair of driving gloves? For years now, I have been using leather fingerless biker gloves with great success. Having my fingers free gives me flexibility, while the palms and heels of the glove make good contact with the leather-wrapped wheel. And when the interior is summer hot, it creates a good insulation without worrying about grabbing a searing hot wheel.

Ram - Rather than a steering wheel cover, have you considered a good pair of driving gloves? For years now, I have been using leather fingerless biker gloves with great success. Having my fingers free gives me flexibility, while the palms and heels of the glove make good contact with the leather-wrapped wheel. And when the interior is summer hot, it creates a good insulation without worrying about grabbing a searing hot wheel.

Never thought of driving gloves. That is a good idea. My wheel is stock plastic what ever it is and leather driving gloves would be able to grab well. Still would like to find a nice lace up leather cover for the wheel in the long run. Thanks.

http://www.wheelskins.com/

They are expensive and its a tad bit frustrating to install but after you do it a secound time and your fingers stop throbbing its like a steering wheel of a caddy. Top quality leather

I like the leather on the steering wheel of my '13 FFH, but I got the wheel skins 2-tone cover for my previous car, a 2007 Volvo S60. I thought it made the interior look really good, much better than the plain black wheel that the car came with. And I assure you dmdivris is not kidding about the throbbing fingers after finishing the stitching!

IMG_0287_zps3e12dfd4.jpg

Edited by djminfll

dmdiris and djminfll now that is what I'm talking about. Thank you both.

Gary

Edited by Ram

You are welcome, I hope you like whatever you end up getting. Personally, I don't recommend the bicycle tire type of snapon, no matter which I've seen, in my opinion, they always look cheesy (hope I didn't insult anyone who likes them!)

Another vote for Wheelskins. Had one on my Sport Trac and it looked good for years.

You are welcome, I hope you like whatever you end up getting. Personally, I don't recommend the bicycle tire type of snapon, no matter which I've seen, in my opinion, they always look cheesy (hope I didn't insult anyone who likes them!)

I had one of those on my Sport Trac when it was new. The thing actually matched the interior as was very comfortable. Problem was when I removed the thing (the little rubber nubs were falling off), it stuck to the leather on the steering wheel and took some of it off. :censored:

Needless to say, I have not used another one of those since. Maybe I should look into the wheelskins. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX

Well the big storm that threatened us is finally way up and off the coast, the sun came out and what a wonderful day. I had ordered the wheel skin on Monday it came on Wednesday and so did all the storm prep's.

I spent twice the time lacing on the "Sand" color wheel cover. I have to tell you I love the wheel cover it was a bit of a challenge over the 10:00 and 2:00 positions as the wheel is thicker for several inches and the leather does not come close to normal tight seem on this area.

Over all its a really nice fit. Thank you for the recommendations. I'm such a nube when I figure out the correct posting of pictures I'll put a couple snaps up.

Thanks again,

Gary