Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Making the Hybrid sound like a sports car engine

sound mod

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

Im thinking of getting an 05 F150 with the 5.4 and putting a Magnaflow system on it. VRROOOOM. For those days when I need a little reminder of how quiet my car is. 

You know there's a whole new class action lawsuit against Ford for 2004 to 2008 F-150s with the 5.4, right?

http://www.carcompla...2004-2008.shtml

Just sayin'!  :) 

P.S. I did that to my '13 F-150 with the 5.0, only I did Flowmaster 40's. Sounds mean!  :happy feet: 

Edited by TonyHzNV, 15 March 2015 - 11:35 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Shadoweb

Shadoweb

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFE, 2002 TBird, 1997 SC'd TBird
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:56 PM

You know there's a whole new class action lawsuit against Ford for 2004 to 2008 F-150s with the 5.4, right?

http://www.carcompla...2004-2008.shtml

Just sayin'!  :) 

P.S. I did that to my '13 F-150 with the 5.0, only I did Flowmaster 40's. Sounds mean!  :happy feet: 

I didn't know about that one, but the spark plugs disentegrating in the 5.4L was one of the reasons we got rid of the truck before we had to change them. ;)

As for loud exhaust... I rarely turn on the stereo in this thing, not only do I get the rumble but the whine of the roots blower.

On the rollers: https://www.youtube....h?v=xLEuZN_welY

In the driveway: https://www.youtube....h?v=TsINtcDSm3Q

351308.png

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Oxford White

Job 2 - Luxury Package - Technical Package - Driver Assist Package

2002 Ford Thunderbird - Evening Black

Removable Top Premium Package

351312.png

1997 Ford Thunderbird Limted Edition - Ebony

Sport Package - leather SC seats, built motor, supercharger, 350RWHP 392RWTQ

#23 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

the spark plugs disentegrating in the 5.4L was one of the reasons we got rid of the truck before we had to change them. 

I read up on the spark plug issues. There is a TSB on how to properly remove them, and if they break on removal, there are special tools that are used to remove them. The tool is not that expensive, its something like $61. Carbon builds up around the shield and they are 2 piece plugs. If the deposits aren't loosened up before plug removal, the bottom piece gets stuck in the head, and has to be extracted. If the porcelain part comes out with the plug and just the shell is left, easy extractions, but if the porcelain is left behind, then there is more work to be done. 

So with that in mind, going to make sure if I do get one, that the plugs were changed out already, if not, have them do it as part of the deal. 

Has nothing at all whatsoever to do with a Fusion going Chitty Chitty Bang Bang though. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·