fusion 2013

climate control

Results of my exhaustive testing:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Has CLIMATE on right cluster.

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid - Does NOT have CLIMATE on right cluster.

You mean like twin tail pipes on an SE 2.0 EB, and not on the HyTi?

Not sure what inconsistency has to do with quality?

Same with the tail pipes it's a feature of the 2.0 EB not the trim. Don't get me wrong if it would be for me all Fusions or at least all besides the base trim should have the twin exhaust but has nothing to do with quality.

Edited by corncobs

:) Twin pipes on the HyTi is a sore spot for some people. Just blowing on the embers here, thats all. :play:

You mean like twin tail pipes on an SE 2.0 EB, and not on the HyTi?

That was never an inconsistency because no HyTis were produced with dual exhaust. That was just an error in marketing materials. Someone goofed and thought that all Titanium Fusions had dual exhaust and didn't realize that the dual exhaust was because of a specific engine and not a trim level feature.

Results of my exhaustive testing:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Has CLIMATE on right cluster.

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid - Does NOT have CLIMATE on right cluster.

Maybe that's why you pay more for a Lincoln.

My 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium has Climate on the right cluster.

I was surprised to find our new 2014 Fusion Hybrid SE has the Climate screen in the cluster. Build date was 5/15/14. Wonder if it has to do with the fact that we have optional equipment that was originally (2013) only on Ti, specifically intelligent access. May share programming that enables this feature??

FYI - both the left and right cluster screens are changing a bit for 2015. You'll be able to choose fuel economy graphs on the right side instead of leaves.

I was surprised to find our new 2014 Fusion Hybrid SE has the Climate screen in the cluster. Build date was 5/15/14. Wonder if it has to do with the fact that we have optional equipment that was originally (2013) only on Ti, specifically intelligent access. May share programming that enables this feature??

FYI - both the left and right cluster screens are changing a bit for 2015. You'll be able to choose fuel economy graphs on the right side instead of leaves.

It seems like the fuel economy graphs on the right side for the 2013-14 would be something that could be easily done with a software update.

Mine came from the factory with the climate activated. The A/C fix is just a software update to the FCIM module, any dealer should be able to do that.

I showed the technician this issue today & he claims that the way the FFH behaves is "how it's designed". I showed him that our Focus Electric does not behave this way and he said "this is a Fusion, you can't compare it to a Focus". He also said that "When the HVAC is set to 'Auto' you can't turn the A/C off."

Edited by hybridbear

He also said that "When the HVAC is set to 'Auto' you can't turn the A/C off."

I was thinking about taking mine in to ask about the "AC fix," but decided it wasn't worth my time. Basically, I've accepted the statement above - when you select Auto, the car decides. Yes, I think it's a glitch that when you press the AC button, the light goes out, but the AC still stays on, however, I've found an easy way around this, that doesn't require the long sequence of button presses I've seen described on here.

I go to the climate screen and select the middle vent button and THEN touch the AC button. Works fine for me.

I go to the climate screen and select the middle vent button and THEN touch the AC button. Works fine for me.

+1

Works very well but I'm going to ask for the update next time I bring it in for service.

I showed the technician this issue today & he claims that the way the FFH behaves is "how it's designed". I showed him that our Focus Electric does not behave this way and he said "this is a Fusion, you can't compare it to a Focus". He also said that "When the HVAC is set to 'Auto' you can't turn the A/C off."

My A/C button would be off and still show the compressor using 2kW + on the dash display.

On my Work Order it reads: Customer states A/C button shows off but electric A/C is still on. (Tech notes -->) Performed BCE Test. Reprogrammed FCIM as per SSM

Now we know there is a SSM that relates to the FCIM re-program.

Maybe Billford can find the SSM that relates to this issue.

After the FCIM fix when I push the A/C button to off the left kilowatt dash display instantly drops to almost zero.

Edited by GrySql

My A/C button would be off and still show the compressor using 2kW + on the dash display.

On my Work Order it reads: Customer states A/C button shows off but electric A/C is still on. (Tech notes -->) Performed BCE Test. Reprogrammed FCIM as per SSM

Now we know there is a SSM that relates to the FCIM re-program.

Maybe Billford can find the SSM that relates to this issue.

After the FCIM fix when I push the A/C button to off the left kilowatt dash display instantly drops to almost zero.

Good! This is the way our Focus Electric works and how my parents' C-Max Energi works and how the FFH should work.

You know if you said thats how the Cmax works, I wonder what his response would be. Both cars use the same systems. LOL If he gave the same BS answer I would ask him to prove it.

You know if you said thats how the Cmax works, I wonder what his response would be. Both cars use the same systems. LOL If he gave the same BS answer I would ask him to prove it.

The Focus Electric & C-Max use the exact same system, same dash controls & everything.

Cmax and Fusion Hybrid share the same systems too. The cosmetics are the only difference. Maybe these guys are just not Hybrid savvy enough.

The dealership continues to claim that there's no update for the FCIM and no SSM from Ford.

Does anyone have this so I can show them?

The dealership continues to claim that there's no update for the FCIM and no SSM from Ford.

I just emailed you some pictures showing the HVAC on auto, with the AC lit and the Climate graph showing KW, and with the AC not lit, still in Auto, with the Climate graph showing no KW. Show those idiots that this is how it is supposed to work, and not how your is working, If they need to find out how to FIX it, have them call Harvard Ford and find out, at least the techs who work on my cars know what the heck they are doing.

Here is proof.

10483933_760231844018952_66856863071175310582990_760231840685619_703668029612686

10471216_760231734018963_348467971402447

10547019_760231740685629_576068442145978

Yes I know my car is dusty. :)

I asked my SA today to find out what his Tech used to update the FCIM in my car.

He found the Tech notes and this was referenced: SSM 44558

Reprogram the Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.02 and higher.

He read the body of the SSM text to me over the phone and it was all about the buttons not working as they should, the fan blowing incorrectly and various glitches in the Climate system.

I hope that helps because I don't have a copy of what was read to me.

Edited by GrySql

I asked my SA today to find out what his Tech used to update the FCIM in my car.

He found the Tech notes and this was referenced: SSM 44558

Reprogram the Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.02 and higher.

He read the body of the SSM text to me over the phone and it was all about the buttons not working as they should, the fan blowing incorrectly and various glitches in the Climate system.

I hope that helps because I don't have a copy of what was read to me.

Thats the one applied to my car. Fixed the AC button issue for sure.

Congratulations!! What an epic service department session. Did the CSM ever call you?